Capes 4 Heroes

/
0 Comments
Hi friends,
Tomorrow is October 1st, soon it will officially be Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Cancer doesn't run in my family but I've been effected by it for as long as I can remember. My Mother is a Radiation Oncologist, which means she's gives radiation to cancer patients. I call her the angel of death, she makes life comfortable for terminally ill patients and she always does it with a beautiful uplifting smile.



I'm going to volunteering a lot of my time over the next 31 days. Yesterday I participated in 
Capes 4 Heroes and it really touched my heart. 

Here's a little information about the organization 
Capes 4 Heroes makes and personalizes superhero capes for kids with disabilities, kids with life threatening illnesses and kids who just need to feel empowered.  Their hope is that their capes give these deserving kids the extra boost of strength and courage that will make them feel like the superheroes they truly are! The idea and organization is the brainchild of Barbara Casados.’ Barbara’s second son, Maddox is Autistic.  With this comes many challenges, one of which is dressing each day.  At the age of 2, he refused to wear anything but a superhero cape. Rather than struggling through the daily battle, Barbara did what any other mother would do. She bribed him! If he would agree to let her dress him, Maddox would be able to wear his superhero cape for the day. It worked! Soon after that she purchased a sewing machine, taught herself to sew and began making her son every different type of superhero cape imaginable.  He wore his capes everywhere, including to his special needs school.  Other parents began seeing the impact that the superhero cape had on Maddox and wanted to have one for their child. Barbara then created Kiss The Toad Creations (now Capes4Heroes.)



I spent my entire day helping sick kids pick out and personalize their own capes. The experience rocked my world. I meet many kids that were very sick and weak but they were not going to pass up the chance to design a super hero cape.

I'm definitely going to volunteer for them again. Nothing beats putting a smile on a sick child's face. The experience feed my soul.

Tomorrow I'm participating in a free spa crawl for breast cancer patients and survivors. I'll let you know how it goes.

That's all I have for you guys today!
Vegetable smoothie recipes coming at ya tmrw 
Peace & Love,
Mary 


You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *