Roasted Eggplant Parm Stacks

/
0 Comments
I created this recipe messing around in the kitchen last week. The boyfriend wanted chicken Parmesan, since I don't eat meat I had the brilliant idea of making myself eggplant parm stacks.

If you aren't veggie head like me you can use the exact same recipe to make chicken parm. I'll give you that recipe at the end of this post.

I hit dinner out of the park that night, he loved his chicken parm, but the real star was my eggplant Parmesan.

This is a great date night recipe! 

Enjoy

Roasted Eggplant Parm Stacks
Serves 2 


1 Eggplant
1 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
2 eggs
2 cups low-fat/low-sodium Marinara sauce
1/2 cup grated low-fat mozzarella cheese
Freshly ground Salt & Pepper
1/2 tbsp Italian seasoning + 1/2 tbsp Italian seasoning

Preheat oven to 350 degrees


Equally cut eggplant about 1/2 inch thick - I used a mandolin, be careful of your fingers
Lightly salt & pepper both side of eggplant
In shallow bowl beat eggs well 

 
Combine Italian breadcrumbs, Panko breadcrumbs, 2 tbsp grated mozzarella cheese & 2 tbsp Italian seasoning, spread on large plate

Dip sliced eggplant into beaten egg,
Coat both sides well
Place egg dipped eggplant in breadcrumb mixture
Coat both sides well

Place eggplant on cooking sheet with wire rack -- this ensures both sides of eggplant crisps

Bake at 350 degrees for 15-25 minutes or until eggplant is cooked thoroughly but still crunchy


While eggplant is cooking, warm marinara sauce
In medium saucepan on med-low heat add 2 tbsp Italian seasoning, salt & pepper to taste (I also added a few chili flakes for a nice kick)

Removed cooked eggplant from oven and let rest for 3-5 minutes

Now for the fun part
It's time to build

Preheat oven to 400 degrees 


Place eggplant on oiled or lined cooking sheet ( I used a small Cast Iron skillet for presentation purposes, I got them at cost plus world market for 7 bucks!)

  
Spread 1/4 cup warmed and seasoned marinara sauce over eggplant
Try to cover most of eggplant with sauce
Add 1-2 tbsp shredded mozzarella cheese
Added another piece of eggplant
Spread 1/4 cup warmed and seasoned marinara sauce over eggplant 
Try to cover most of eggplant with sauce
Add 1-2 tbsp shredded mozzarella cheese


Create another eggplant parm stack

Place in oven at 400 got 5-7 minutes, until cheese is melted and bubbly

Serve immediately 

Quick & Easy Chicken Parmesan 
Complete recipe above replacing eggplant with 2-3 large chicken breast 

With sharp knife carefully thin out each breast into 3-5 thin cutlet sized pieces

Everything else stays the same in the  recipe

That's all today 
Peace & Love,
Mary






Sent from my iPhone



You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *