Challenge Monday

/
0 Comments

Challenge Monday 

Fitness Challenge
I challenge you to rev up your planks 

Challenge Synopsis
Complete this plank lifting exercise series everyday this week

Why Why Why
  • Planks are recognized as the perfect core exercise
  • These exercises challenge your balance while working your core, bicep, triceps, chest, quads, calfs, pretty much your entire body 
  • Planks strength your transverse abdominals which helps your stomach look/stay flat
Materials
  • Will Power
  • Strength 
  • Disciple
  • Strong mind
  • Exercise mat 
Directions
Complete 4 sets 12 reps of each exercise everyday this week






My Take
Ok, I love me some planks! Lol I know it seems like I love everything, but planks are my top 5 exercise. Not because they are easy or fun, but because they are challenging and I can see the results the next day. Planks challenge your transverse abdominals which helps give you the appearance of a flat stomach. What more is there to say. These reved up planks are hard but they work. If they are too hard for you start on your knees to complete these exercises. Have fun!

Nutrition Challenge

Add vegetables to your smoothies

Challenge Synopsis
I challenge you to add vegetables to your smoothies everyday this week

Why Why Why
  • Vegetables are a natural source of energy
  • Adding vegetables to smoothies boosts it's nutritional value and offer numerous health benefits 
  • This is an easy way to get more fiber into your diet 
  • Sometimes it's hard to eat your veggies so drink them instead 
Materials
  • Vegetables
  • Blender / Smoothie maker
  • A little imagination
  • Some rocking Smoothie recipes (I'll be featuring vegetables smoothie recipes on my blog this week)
Directions 
  • Add vegetables to your smoothies everyday this week
  • You should be drinking smoothies everyday, if your not get on that ASAP! 
  • Now that everyone is on the same page... slip a few vegetables into your morning smoothie
  • This will enhance the nutrition benefit of your smoothie 
  • You should be consuming 5 fruits and vegetables a day, smoothies can help manage that goal making it easier and more obtainable
  • Add Kale to turn any smoothie green
  • Add carrots for a sweet kick
  • Add tomatoes for a little vitamin c and potassium 
  • Add cucumbers, they are natural hydrators 
  • And the list goes on and on and on...
My Take
My boyfriend was diagnosed with high cholesterol a few weeks ago and it really shook me up. We eat super healthy, especially me, which is what really took me by surprise. I've change a few things like adding vegetables to his morning smoothie and so far so good. He hasn't noticed yet and he's already lost a little weight. This weeks challenge is going to help all of us stay healthy and on track. 


Self Improvement Challenge

Complete my 
Get Closer With Yarn 
activity with some friends or your significant other this week

Challenge Synopsis
I challenge you to get a few friends together or your significant other and complete this awesome goal setting activity 

Why Why Why
  • This exercise is fun and helps you get to know your friends or significant other on a deeper level 
Material
  • String or yarn
  • At least one other friend 
  • An open heart
  • An open mind
Directions 
  • Stand or sit in a circle with your friend/friends
  • A big ball of yarn is giving to one person
  • That person says " I love your friends name goes here because blank"
  • Then they pass the ball of yarn to the next person 
  • The yarn goes back and forth wrapping it around arms, legs, waist, head, ect - until everyone is interconnected and each person express at least 10 different statements
  • In the end this activity will help you learn more about your friends or mate
My Take 
I'll take any excuse to get to know my friends and loved ones better. This activity is fun at parties, sleepovers, and even first dates. You get to learn more about your friends and your friends opinions of you. Plan a girls night or date night and play this game, it's lots of fun. 

That's all today folks
Peace & Love,
Mary 



You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *