Probiotic Rich Foods

/
0 Comments
Hi Friends,
Continuing with my probiotic rant, here is a list of probiotic rich foods. If you add at least one serving to your diet daily you will get some of these awesome health benefits 
  • Can prevent antibiotic-associated diarrhea & infectious diarrhea
  • Can prevent and treat eczema
  • Helps the immune system
  • Treats certain types of infections
  • Treats symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome 
  • Treats Crohn's disease
  • Aids in digestion health
  • Aids intestinal tract 



One of the most popular probiotic rich foods is live cultured yogurt. Hand made yogurt is the best version. *Make sure to read labels, avoid yogurts with high fructose corn syrup, artificial sweeteners and artificial flavoring


Miso paste is aged fermented soybeans which contain probiotics, it can be high in sodium. The most common way to consume miso paste is miso soup. Make sure to order it during your next sushi outing.

Kimchi is spicy fermented cabbage, made popular in Korean restaurants. Kimchi is also loaded with vitamins and nutrients that have been proven to ward of certain infections.


Sauerkraut is fermented cabbage full of living enzymes. Try to consume Raw, unheated, unpasteurized versions, avoiding processed or canned versions.  


Some soft fermented cheeses like soft cheddar, Swiss, Parmesan, and Gouda contain bacteria that can survive through your GI tract. Some cottage cheeses have live active cultures and contain protein and calcium.


According to research by The FASEB Journal eating 1.5oz-3oz of pistachios a day increase levels of good gut bacteria *opt for in-shelled pistachios 


Ok, Ok, I know this isn't a food but I'm hooked in KeVita  This product is tasty, healthy, and low in calories with no added sugar. With a variety of flavors I don't think I'll ever get tried of this sparkling probiotic drink. Yes, there are other probiotic drinks out there, but this one is my favorite.

Peace & Love,
Mary



You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *