Challenge Monday

/
2 Comments


It's Challenge Monday 
Let's get down and dirty with some challenges 


Fitness Challenge
It's cardio time

Challenge Synopsis
I challenge you to complete my no equipment needed cardio workout

Why Why Why
  • Cardio is short for cardiovascular exercise: Any movement that gets your heart rate up and increase blood circulation throughout the body
  • Cardio burns calories
  • Cardio exercise improves your heart health
  • Cardio exercise revs up your metabolism
  • Cardio exercise helps control diabetes 
  • Cardio exercise keeps you young, energized and healthy 
Materials
  • Will power
  • Water
  • Extra time
  • Disciple
  • Strong Mind
Directions
Complete 3 sets, 12 reps of each exercise


Speed Skater



Butt Kicks


Fast feet step back


Pendulums 


Cross Cross Hops


My Take
I'm lucky enough to really enjoy cardio, but most people hate it. You can end up feeling like a hamster in a wheel, or you can make it fun by finding your favorite form of cardio. These exercises are going to get your heart pumping within the first few minutes. Sprinkle these exercises into your workout routine for a much  needed boost.

Nutrition Challenge
Drink dat water




Challenge Synopsis
I challenge you to drink at least 10 glasses of water everyday this week

Why Why Why

  • About 60% of the human body is made of water 
  • Getting the proper amount of water helps maintain the bodies fluid balance, helps transport nutrients in the body, regulates body temperature, and helps with digestion 
  • Water helps you feel full, which means you will consume less calories, which in-turn helps you loose weight
  • Water flushes out toxins and can reduce the risk of acne 
  • A glass of water can help concentrations by keeping you refreshed and alert 
Materials
Water 

Directions
Try to:
Drink a glass of water as soon as you wake up
Drink a glass of water before eating any big meals
Drink a glass of water before bed
Drink a glass of water before your workout

If you follow these directions you already have 5 glasses of water out if the way

Purchase a water bottle that measures your water intake
Get used to going to the bathroom a lot more then usual 

My Take 
Getting enough water is always a challenge for me. I hate going to the bathroom so I always make that my excuse. This week I'm going to try my best to drink at least 9 glasses of water a day. Good luck friends!! 

Self Improvement Challenge 
Plan a date night for yourself or for your mate


Challenge Synopsis
I challenge you to plan a date night 

Why Why Why
  • Regular date nights can rekindle and enhance a relationship 
  • Spending time with your significant other keeps the spark in the relationship 
  • Making time to get pretty and actually plan a date boost self esteem and passion in a relationship 
Materials
  • Time to plan
  • A cute outfit 
  • Reservations at a nice restaurant 

Directions
  • Pick a date and confirm with a friend or your significant other 
  • Make a reservation at your favorite restaurant 
  • Buy a new outfit or wear that outfit you've been saving
  • Enjoy your date night 
  • If you are single take yourself out 

My Take
My boyfriend and I have a standing date night since we meet 5 years ago. Every Friday we get dressed up and go to a nice restaurant, I look forward to it all week long.  When I was single I used to take myself out on dates regularly. Make reservation, buy a new dress, and spend some time by yourself, with friends, or with you sweetie, this week, you deserve it. 

References:
www.greatist.com








You may also like

2 comments:

  1. Awesome workouts here! As soon as I saw your post, I reached for my cup of water. I can never drink enough water, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Alex Katzen
    Drinking water is essential to our overall health, but sometimes I forget to indulge, this weeks challenge is a great reminder. Thanks your your support, I'm so happy you like my posts.

    ReplyDelete

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *