It's Challenge Tuesday

/
0 Comments

I had a relaxing and eventful Labor Day Weekend. Can't wait to tackle this weeks challenges


Fitness Challenge

Rev up your warm up

Challenge Synopsis


  • I challenge you to try my favorite warm up exercises 
Why Why Why
Performing warm-up exercises before working-out can: 
  • Reduce the risk of injury
  • Help promote sweating
  • Reduce onset muscle soreness
  • Sends a signal to the body that says it's time to exercise
  • Prepares your body for your workout 
Materials
  • Willpower
  • Water
  • A little extra time
  • A light kettle bell or dumbbell
  • Disciple
  • Strong body
  • Strong mind
Directions
Complete 2 sets of 10 reps, each exercise

Walk outs with Squat & Push Up

Start with feet hip width apart, standing straight up
Place hands in ground in front of your feet
Walk hands out until you are in plank position, hips down, head aligned
Complete a push up
Walk hands up until your hips are directly under your feet
Stand up straight
Complete a squat
Let's one rep

Lunge Reaches
Starting in plank position
Move left leg between your hands or as close as you can
Keeping core engaged lift both hands reaching them to the sky
Place both hands back to ground
Move left foot back into plank position
Move right leg between your hands or as close as you can
Keeping your core engaged lift both hands reaching them to the sky
Place both hands back to ground
Move right foot back into plank position
That's one rep

My Take
This is part of my everyday warm up. Each exercise is designed to work almost all muscles in your body while challenging your cardio endurance. I hate both of these exercises, that usually means they are effective. Take this week to rev up your warm up.

Nutrition Challenge

Challenge Synopsis
  • You should be eating salads 5-6 times a week, if not get to it
  • Salad dressing can be full of unwanted and unneeded calories
  • Making your own salad dressing is fun and cuts the calorie count
Why Why Why
  • Store brought, pre-made or powder mix salad dressings are usually high in fat and calories, they also contain food colorants, unnatural flavorings and added preservatives to extend shelf life
  • When you make your own Salad Dressing you control the freshness, quality and any artificial additives
Materials
All homemade Salad dressings should have a base, an acid, and a flavoring agent
  • Base, make sure to use high quality products
    • Extra Virgin Olive oil
    • Flax seed oil
    • Hemp oil
    • Avocado oil
    • Sesame oil

  • Acidic juice or vinegar
    • Apple Cider Vinegar
    • Fresh Lemon Juice
    • Balsamic Vinegar
    • Rice Vinegar 
    • Orange Juice

  • Flavor enhancers
    • Garlic & Shallot
    • Chia Seeds
    • Ground Flax Seeds
    • Mustard
    • Srircaha
    • Honey
    • Tahini
    • Jam
    • Fresh herbs
    • Ginger
    • Soy sauce
Directions
Combine 1/2 cup oil with 1/4 cup acidic juice or vinegar, sprinkle in a flavor enhancer and pour it over your salad... devour

My Take

I eat at least 1 salad a day, sometimes 2. Making my own salad dressing gives me control over my calorie intake. This weeks challenge should spark your creative side and tickle your taste buds.

Self Improvement Challenge
Create an Inspiration Board
Challenge Synopsis
Inspiration boards (aka mood board, vision boards or idea boards) are a collage of images that should spark your imagination and keep you motivated

Why Why Why

  • Inspirational Boards can have many purposes
    • Inspiration to start a new project
    • Figuring out what you really want out of life
    • Help visualizing your goals
    • Can help you with your love life, career, spirituality, and physical health
  • Inspiration boards are a compilation of inspiration elements that help spark ideas and keep you engaged and motivated
Materials
  • Cork board
  • Magnetic board
  • Cardboard
  • Old magazines
  • Clip art
  • Stock photos
  • Pencils
  • Pens
  • Scissors
  • Glue
  • An inspiration board app
Directions
  • Decide what you want your board to represent
    • Weight loss
    • Job/Career
    • Love
    • Life goals
    • Pick your board
  • Find pictures and that reflect your goals and aspirations
    • Post, stick, or paste your pictures on a board
  • This is the most important part:
    • Place your finished board where you can see it everyday
My Take
I haven't made an inspiration board since I was in high school. I'm looking forward to making a few different boards to keep me on my toes. I'll be sharing my progress with all of you this week. We are evolving together

That's all today folks,
Peace & Love
Mary

References:


You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *