Vegetarian, Vegan, Raw Vegan, & Paleo Diets

/
0 Comments
Hi friends
We will get back to summer squash week tomorrow, I am working on some tasty meatless zucchini meatballs and scrumptious chocolate zucchini muffins, trying to get them as mouthwatering and healthy as possible. 

Today I am taking all the guess work out of the differences between vegetarian, vegan, raw vegan, and paleo diets.

Before I became obsessed with vegan and raw cooking I didn't know the difference between any of these dietary choices. I asked a few people if they knew what vegan or paleo meant and most had no idea. A lot of people that participate in these diets are sort of in a bubble. I want to pop that bubble and share my research with all of you.

Lets start out by letting you guys know I identify as a pescetarian. I eat  mostly vegetables, but I do indulge in seafood and shellfish. I avoid all beef, chicken, pork, lamb, veal, camel, I think you get the picture. I eat vegan 2-3 days a week, and eat raw at least once a week. I try to keep my diet fun and interesting so I don't miss what I've omitted from my diet. 

It took me while to stop craving meat, I am human and I will indulge if I really really want something, I find myself craving meat less and less. 

Starting at the beginning:

Vegetarian
A person who doesn't eat meat and sometimes other animal products, for moral, religious, or health reason

Someone who lives on a diet of grains, nuts, seeds, vegetables, and fruit

Vegetarians do not eat any meat poultry, game, fish, shellfish, or any byproducts of slaughter


Benefits of being a Vegetarian
Improves heart health, decreased cancer risk, helps the environment, can keep weight down, animal rights, 

Downfalls of being a Vegetarian
Deficient in vitamin A, B12, Vitamin D, Protein, Zinc, 
There is NO proven health reason to avoid animals or animal by products

Vegan
A person who does not meat or use any animal products,  
 No meat, no eggs, no cheese, no butter, no honey


Benefits of a Vegan Diet
Cures tooth decay, hemorrhoids, depressions, skin problems, aching joints, relives arthritis, indigestion, gas, bloating, constipation,, and much more
all of these claims are not proven, there are personal testimonies

Downfall of being Vegan

Deficient in Vitamin A, B12, B6, Vitamin D, Protein, Zinc, 
There is NO proven health reason to avoid animals or animal by products

Raw Vegan 
A person who only eats unprocessed raw vegan foods, that have not been heated above 115 degrees F (46 degrees C) 
Raw Vegans believe foods cooked above 115 degrees F loose their enzymes and must of their nutritional value
Raw foods supposedly contain living enzymes and proper nutritional value designed my nature




Benefits of a Raw Vegan Diet
Weight loss, increased energy, clear skin, improved digestion, improvement of overall health

Downfall of being Raw Vegan
 deficiency in important vitamins 
There is NO proven health reason to avoid animals, animal by products, or any food cooked above 115 degrees F (46 degrees C)
cereal

Paleo 
A person who consumes mostly pants and animals
*most searched for weight loss method in 2013
Paleo dieters don't eat any dairy, limited cereal grains, no salted foods, and consume only lean meat


Benefits of a Paleo Diet
More protein, consuming fewer calories, high in fiber, eat more fats, consume less salt, consume more micronutrients 

Downfall of a Paleo Diet 
Nutrients deficiency  


That's all I have for you guys today.
I would like to point out all of the facts I found are not part of my own opinion, or my personal beliefs. 
If you do not agree with any facts stated above we are one in the same, but I wanted to give you guys the facts not my opinion.

That's all today folks
Blessing,
Mary 

References:







You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *