Vegan Breakfast Recipes

/
0 Comments
Hi Friends,
Today is the beginning of vegan week. I've scoured the internet in search of quick & easy vegan recipes, I found some creative concoctions that look and sound crazy enough to work. Today we are tackling breakfast.

I usually eat oatmeal and flaxseed for breakfast so I had to include a vegan oatmeal recipe. I've never cooked oatmeal on the stove before, it wasn't hard at all, 15 minutes and it was ready to be devoured.

Vegan Oatmeal

1 cup almond milk
3 tbs oats
1/4 cup blueberries
1 tsp agave
1/4 tsp cinnamon

Pour milk in sauce pan and bring to boil
Add oats, cover, and cook on med-high for 15 minutes
Place mixture in a bowl and add the rest of the ingredients


I made vegan pancakes. I enjoy pancakes, but I'm never willing to order them at restaurants. After 1-2 bites I'm usually over the sweetness and ready to go on to something a little more savory. That being said, I've been craving syrup soaked pancakes for the last few months. These vegan lemon pancakes turned out light, fluffy, and delicious, they taste like the real McCoy.

Vegan Lemon Pancake 
makes 4 large pancakes or 8 small ones

1 cup + 1 tbsp whole wheat pastry flour or spelt flour
1 cup almond milk
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/4 tsp lemon extract
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
3-4 tsp baking powder
2 tsp raw vegan sugar
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp olive oil
dash cinnamon
Optional egg replacer  -  1 mash banana, 1/4 cup apple sauce, or 1 tsp freshly ground flax seed

Add dry ingredients to bowl and stir together
Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and fold well
Add egg replacer and lemon juice
Whip batter until it becomes fluffy
Warm your pan throughly on low
Your pan should be warmed for at least 3-5 minutes before cooking
Add dash of oil to pan and add 1/2 cup batter to pan
Cook pancakes, flipping when 3/4 of the way done
Serve war, with vegan butter

I figured I should throw a smoothie in the mix, but as a feature, not an after thought. I've created and posted vegan smoothies on this blog before, but most of them were fruit based. This bad boy is chocolate based, Ummmmmm yes please.

Chocolate Cake Batter Smoothie

1 cup almond milk
1/3 cup oats
1 frozen bananas
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
1 tbsp cacao tubo (1 tsp agave nectar + 1 tsp cacao powder)
1 tbsp almond butter
1 tbsp chocolate chips
2 ice cubes

In small bowl mix oats and almond milk, let sit in fridge for at least 1 hour
Add to blender with the rest of the ingredients, except the chocolate chips
Blend until smooth
Add chocolate chips and blend until chunky
www.ohsheglows.com

I love muffins, I don't eat enough of these individualized breakfast treats. As soon as I ran across this blueberry muffin recipe my little heart squealed with joy. No eggs, no milk, no butter, no guilt. These muffins are dangerous and worth every bite. I made mini muffins and that was a mistake, they pop in my mouth way to easily.


Vegan Blueberry Muffin

1 cup almond milk
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup ground flaxseed
1 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1-1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 tsp pure almond extract
1-1/2 cup fresh blueberries

Cinnamon Streusel Topping
2 tbsp + 2 tbsp turbinado sugar
1 tsp cinnamon 
2 tsp earth balance vegan butter
2 tsp flour
pinch salt

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line muffin tins
*mini muffin tins make 24 muffins
In small bowl whisk together ground flax, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt
In small bowl mix together oil, syrup, extracts, and nut milk
Add wet and dry ingredients together until just combined
Stir in fresh blueberries until just combined
Spoon into paper liner
Make cinnamon streusel topping and sprinkle on top of batter
Bake in over at 365 degrees for 15-20 mins until golden brown and springy to touch
Cool for at least 15 minutes before serving
**blueberries will be very very hot 
adapted from www.ohsheglows.com

I figured everyone knows how to make a tofu scramble, but if you're dying for a recipe check click here, it looks delicious.


Tomorrow is all about snacks and lunch.


Blessings,
Mary


You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *