Cauliflower Fritters & A Cauliflower Smoothie

/
0 Comments
Hi Friends,

All is well in 'Evolve with Mary Land' I'm enjoying Cauliflower week to the fullest. 

Lets jump into the fun with a few Cauliflower Facts

 I'm all about facts


1/2 cup of Raw Cauliflower contains:
  • 15 calories
  • 0 calories from fat
  • 0g saturated fat
  • 0mg cholesterol
  • 15mg sodium
  • 3g carbohydrates
  • 1g dietary fiber
  • 1g sugar
  • 1g protein
  • 40% daily value of Vitamin C
  • 2% daily value of Calcium
  • 2% daily value of Iron
1/2 cup Cooked Cauliflower contains:
  • 15 calories
  • 5 calories from fat
  • 0g saturated fat
  • 0mg cholesterol
  • 10mg sodium
  • 3g carbohydrates
  • 2g dietary fiber
  • 1g sugar
  • 1g protein
  • 45% daily value of Vitamin C
  • 2% daily value of Iron
Cauliflower contains high amounts of 
  • Vitamin C
  • Sulfur
  • Folate
  • Fiber 
  • Complex Carbs

Ready to eat with those eyes??

Cauliflower Fritters
serving size 2 fritters
recipe adapted from Julia's Healthy Italian
138 cals, 6g fat, 14g carbs, 4g fiber, 7g protei, 269mg sodium

6 cups roughly chopped raw cauliflower (about 2 small heads) 
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 cups whole wheat flour
2 large eggs, beaten
1/2 cup + 2 tbsp grated Pecorino Romano Cheese
1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
1/3 cup hot water
3/4 tsp sea salt and ground pepper
4 tsp olive oil


Steam Cauliflower in 2-1/2 cups water over med heat until tender
About 5-6 minutes
Drain and quickly rinse under cold water to stop from cooking

Chop cauliflower into smaller pieces 
Set aside

In large bowl combine steamed cauliflower, flour, garlic, eggs, grated cheese, parsley, sea salt and pepper
Add water so batter becomes slightly denser than pancake batter

Heat large skillet over med-high heat
Add 1tsp of oil
Use 1/4 measuring cup to form fritter
Gently flatten with back of measuring cup
Cook until golden brown about 2-3 minutes on each side

Repeat until all batter is cooked

Serve Immediately  

Cauliflower Smoothie
Yep I said Cauliflower Smoothie


Who would think of putting Cauliflower in a smoothie???
I would!

1 ripe banana
1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries
1 cup raw cauliflower
1 cup coconut oil

Blend & Enjoy

This smoothie is a natural energy booster, it's rich in vitamins, plus its ALIVE!!

That's all today folks
Blessings!
Mary 


References:





You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *