Life Celebration

/
0 Comments
Hi Friends, 

I’m coming at ya’ in a strange, positive, yet sad, low energy way today. Yesterday I found out one of my friends loss her battle with cancer. She was already successful at beating cancer a few years ago and I was recently notified it came back. 



Melissa Galvin passed away yesterday and I’m in a weird space. I’ve never been a big crier when people die. No one close to me has died so I’m not sure how I will handle it when it hits closer to home, but this one rocked me to my core. She was beautiful, healthy, had a glowing smile and a positive attitude. At first I was pissed! She had already fought cancer and won, to pass away and leave her kids breaks my heart. 


I believe in celebrating life rather than reflecting on the shoulda/coulda/wouldas. The boyfriend was supportive, as usually. I went from being happy to sad, to pissed and then finally I decided we had to have a life celebration in honor of Melissa. We had to celebrate life and toast to her legacy, journey and hard-fought battle. We got Thai massages then headed to a fancy dinner where we didn’t over-indulge but ate to our fill. 

This morning I woke up and decided not to attend yoga, instead I went to my favorite local breakfast spot devoured hash browns and didn’t feel guilty at all. I didn’t beat myself up before, during or after my greasy breakfast. I did it because I could, I indulged because it felt like the right thing to do, plus it made me feel wonderful (potatoes are my comfort food). I spent the rest of the day working at my local library, snacking on oranges and drinking lots of water. I’m still very sad my friend is no longer with us, but I believe everything happens for a reason. My heart goes out to her family, I’ll be sending some serious good energy as well as a fat bouquet of flowers and some healthy deserts.

How do you deal with death?
Have you been affected by cancer?
What's your comfort food?

Peace & Love, 
Mary 





You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *