Challenge Monday

/
0 Comments
Hi Friends, 
Lets get these challenges started!


Fitness Challenge 
Inchworms with Arm Taps

Challenge Synopsis

I challenge you to complete Inchworms with arms taps - 4 sets of 60 seconds reps everyday this week

Why Why Why

  • Inchworms with arm taps targets arms, chest, core, shoulders, balance, stretches glute muscles (butt muscles), stretches hamstrings and works your calves
  • I featured inchworms on this site a few months ago and got a lot of great feedback, this is a reved up version
  • I've been organizing the sweat page of my blog and noticed I don't have many arm exercises, this is a great one to add into the mix 
  • This exercise tightens the midsections, challenges balance and makes your arms burn burn burn
Materials

  • Yoga mat optional
  • Yourself

Directions
Inchworms with Arm Taps
Complete 60 seconds reps 4 sets



Starting in Plank position
Hips tucked head looking straight ahead
*Make sure your hips don't hike or sag
Feet shoulder width apart
Lift left arm and tap right shoulder
Place hand down slow and controlled
Lift right arm and tap left shoulder 
Slowly walk hands towards feet
Continue until your hips are high in the air
Walk hands out using the same technique
This is an advanced exercise if it is too difficult stick with regular inchworms  

My Take

If you've haven't noticed I like to post no-equipment needed exercises. There are many reasons why I shy away from equipment/weights on this site. On my very own weight loss journey I didn't use weights for years, I wasn't afraid of them or anything like that, I just didn't see the point of completing sets of dumbbell curls if I wasn't able to do one push up. Now that I can do 100s of push ups and a few pull ups I've incorporated kettle bells into my workout routine, without correct form I can injure myself. That's the real reason behind my no-weights exercise on this site. Unless I can come into your home and correct your form there is no way I feel comfortable demonstrating weighted exercises. Inchworms with arm taps is just as challenging as weighted exercises with 1/2 of the risk. Pay attention to your form and enjoy the burn 


Nutrition Challenge 

Challenge Synopsis
I challenge you to infuse your water everyday this week

Why Why Why

  • Infused water is a natural detoxifier 
  • Drinking water can help with weight loss, replenish skin cells, helps increase cognitive and nerve function and detoxifies the body from the inside out
  • The oxygen in water is carried from cell to cell and helps build muscle and increase cognitive and nerve function 
  • The Institute of Medicine determined that an adequate intake (AI) for men is roughly 13 cups (3 liters) of water a day. The AI for women is roughly 9 cups (2.2 liters) of water a day
  • Adding a few slices of raw fruits increase minerals and vitamins in our body infusing your water with fruits helps detoxify the body, boosts natural energy and hydrates cells
  • Not only receive the benefits of drinking water you will also drink all the benefits of the fruits you added.... its a ++
  • Add flavor to water without calories

Materials


Directions
  • Add fresh fruit gallon pitcher or smaller mason jars
  • Cover fruit with 2-3 cups of ice
  • Add filtered water 
  • Allow fruit infused water to seep for at least 30 minutes
  • Drink Drink Drink
  • Make your infused water the night before and sip on it throughout the day to receive the health benefits

My Take
This isn't my first time infusing water but I never stuck with it. I loved the water, it was yummy with a hint of flavor and I drank more water then ever that week, it's just finding the extra effort to chop up fresh fruit regularly. Well this week I'm hoping to get back on the right track. Cross your fingers and wish me luck.


Self Improvement Challenge




Challenge Synopsis
Create an I am poem about yourself

Why Why Why 
  • This is a life coaching exercise that i like to use on myself when I’m feeling a little down
  • Writing poetry allows you to grow emotionally and intellectually
  • Writing poetry feeds the need for people to explain themselves and their lives to the world 
  • People who write poetry feel heard and not judges
  • Poetry can also be used as a healing technique for those who are damaged and hide it from the world

Materials

Directions
  • Print or copy & paste poem
  • Fill in the blanks truthfully honestly
  • Hang this somewhere you can see it everyday 
  • Read it out loud everyday this week
My Take
This is one of my favorite life coaching exercises. It’s a good baseline activity to see how people view themselves, compared to what they project. If you have teenagers or young kids in the house make it a family challenge, print out a copy of the poem and allow everyone time to fill it out, read your poem out loud for the entire family to hear it, then hang them on the refrigerator. Trust me, this is a fun one that raises self-esteem and self-worth.

That's all today folks!
Peace & Love,
Mary 

References:



You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *