DIY Vapor Rub

/
0 Comments
Hi Friends,

This has been a strange week for me, I felt better yesterday so I worked out and got an earful from the boyfriend and my Mother. I guess they thought I wasn't well enough to exercise but they didn't agree. I tried to explain exercise helps de-stress me but nobody was buying that story. I was super annoyed until I woke up this morning still sick, congested, stuffy, with a headache. Maybe the two peps that love me were correct the thought of exercising this morning made my skin crawl. 

I don't want anyone to think I'm a workout fanatic but I do have some body image issues. That's not really the issue here, it's the mental stuff. Exercising and eating right makes me feel like I'm in control of something, in control of my destiny. I've been eating wonderfully, but not being able to sweat is really starting to mess with my head. I have access to a steam room and sauna, its not the same but its going to have to do until I'm 100% better. These set-backs are killing me. On top of all that good stuff the house is in desperate need of a deep cleaning. Dust bunnies are roaming freely and laundry is piling up. I don't feel like cleaning but that really doesn't matter at this point. I plan on putting on some 90 r&b and vacuuming the house from top to bottom. I'm sure cleaning  my space will make both of us feel better. 

I ran across a recipe for homemade vapor rub, it was easy to make and smells just like the real thing. I'll let you know how well it works tomorrow!

recipe found to www.keeperofthehome.com




















DIY Herbal Vapor Rub

4 tsp grated beeswax
3 tbsp shea butter or cocoa butter
7 tbsp coconut oil unrefined
20 drops eucalyptus essential oil
10 drops rosemary essential oil
10 drops lavender essential oil
10 drops tea tree oil

  • Melt beeswax and shea butter in double boiler
  • Remove from heat when melted and add coconut oil and essential oil
  • Pour into clean jar with tight fitting lid
  • Makes about 3/4 to 1 cup of rub
  • Mixture should harden within 30-45 minutes
  • Store in air tight container at room temp





You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *