DIY Cough Drops

/
0 Comments
Happy Friday,

We made it through another week in 2015... WoooHooo!!! It's been a good week full of stuffy noses and lost of rest. My homemade vapor rub worked better than expected it smells and feels just like the real things without the tear jerking fumes.  

What better way to finish this week than with DIY cough drop recipe. It sounds complicated but it's not at all, took less than an hour to make and tastes like the real thing without all the added preservatives and other yucky stuff. 

I found the candy molds at Sur la Table for $3.99 a sheet. All the herbs should be handy at your local health food store.



recipe found at www.livingstrong.com

2-1/2 cups filtered water
2 cups organic honey
1 tsp slippery elm
1 tsp chamomile 
1 tsp eucalyptus leaves
1 tsp licorice root
1 tsp mullein

Tools:
candy thermometer
candy mold
medium sauce pan
fine mesh strainer
waxed paper 
parchment paper






















  • In medium saucepan take 2-1/2 cups of water and bring to a boil
  • Add all herbs and constantly stir mixture
  • Herbs can burn so keep stirring until they boil down
  • Take herb water mixture and pour through fine mesh strainer
  • Pour sifted remaining mixture back into sauce pan and add 2 cups of honey
  • Bring mixture to a boil constantly stirring until thermometer reaches 300 degrees 
  • Pour mixture into silicon candy mold and let it cool on parchment paper
  • It will take a few hours
  • If balls are too sticky dust them with organic rice flour
  • Once they are cool wrap them individually in wax paper
  • These drops are great for sore throats, coughs and congestion


That's all I have for you guys today!
Enjoy your weekend,
Peace & Love,
Mary 



You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *