Simple Corn Recipes

/
0 Comments
Hi friends,
I'm in Baltimore right now, having a good ole time eating shrimp and crab, taking in this beautiful city



I ate a dozen blue crabs yesterday, and I plan on eating 2-3 more dozen over the next few days. I love seafood, especially fresh local seafood slathered in old bay seasoning hot out of the steamer.


Today I'm sharing a few simple corn recipes. We all know it's corn week, and even though I'm not at home I don't want to leave you hanging with healthy recipes.

Corn is a great side dish, quick and easy to make, sweet like sugar, and nutrious, if you prepare it right. I grew up eating corn smothered in butter, bacon bits, and cooked until it was limp and lifeless. No longer do I abuse my vegetables like that. Overcooking produce rids it of pretty much all the health benefits. All recipes are featured Evolve With Mary approved Clean Eats. Enjoy!

Boiled Corn
Remove corn from husk
Bring large pot of water to a boil 
Carefully place corn into boiling water
Cover with top and boil for 3-5 minutes
Remove from Pot
Serve immedantly
Kernels should be tender and juicy 
*Do not salt water 
**For more flavor add onions, fresh and fried herbs to water

Baked Corn
Leave corn in husk or remove husk and wrap in foil
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Bake corn for 15-20 minutes 
Kernels should be tender and juicy

BBQ / Grilled corn
Remove corn from husk
Place on BBQ
You can base with olive oil, garlic, dried herbs, salt and pepper to add more flavor
Cook until corn is slightly charred 
Kernels should be tender and juicy 

That's all folks!
Peace & Love,
Mary  


You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *