Glass Noodle Salad

/
0 Comments

Oh man, have I been busy!


Hi friends,

I'm finally back in my rhythm. I forgot how hectic my days can be, but I love every second of it. I've been working like a mad woman on the blog remodel and so far so good. I'm about halfway done. I still need to tackle my pages, add links to my other social media accounts and create a recipe card feature. It will all come together soon. My goal is to have it done by next week, I'm crossing my fingers, toes, and eyes, I hate missing deadlines. Wish me luck.


When I got home from that whirlwind of a trip I couldn't wait to get back into the gym.  I managed to lose weight on vacation. Whoooo Hoooo!!! Who does that? Somehow I did. With my successful decline on the scale I've been slacking on my clean eating. Nothing crazy, no fried foods or fast foods, I have been late night snacking, something I've been battling since I was a child, and I've been eating bread. I'm not a 'no carb chick', but I try to avoid bread as much as possible, it tends to bloat me, especially my stomach, and if you know me you know I'm obsessed with obtaining and maintaining a flat midsection.


This cheat week was by design. I was strict with my pre-vacation diet to make sure I looked great in a bikini. Now that I'm back and the weather is changing I don't have to worry about showing off so much skin, but that doesn't give me a license to go crazy. 


I'm already back on my grind, eating my oatmeal for breakfast, salads for lunch, and snacking on smoked oysters and smoked salmon when I need a protein boost. I know it sounds gross but it's hard to feed these muscles on a pescatarian diet. 


Now I'm craving noodles. Why didn't I crave them last week when I was going buck wild, oh well. A girls got to do what a girls got to do. I came up with this recipe to satisfy my craving and stay on my diet. It turned out delicious, my boyfriend devoured all of it, no leftovers tonight!


Enjoy! 


Mary's Glass Noodle Salad


For Marinade
4 green onions, finely chopped
2 garlic, cloves minced or pressed
1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
1/2 cup rice vinegar
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp fresh lime juice (about 1 lime)
1/2 tsp anchovy paste
1/2 tsp dried red chile flakes 
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper

For Salad
1 pound chicken breast tenders or chicken thighs
1 package clear noodles, I used mung bean noodles, try to avoid rice noodles
1 tbsp olive oil
2 carrots, shaved with vegetable peeler
1 cucumber, thinly sliced
1 small head of broccoli 
1/3 cup fresh basil leaves
Hand full chopped peanuts - optional

Combine all ingredients for marinade, set aside half to season noodles. Use 1/2 to marinade chicken 


Bring medium pot of water to a boil
Once water is boiling carefully drop head of broccoli into water
Allowed to cook for 2-5 minutes, until broccoli turns bright green, it should be very crisp
Remove from water and rinse with cold water 
Allow to rest for 5 minutes
Chop small heads off stalk and set aside


Follow direction on noodle package


  • Remember to soak noodles in hot water for 5-10 minutes before boiling
  • Cook noodles in salted boiling water until tender, about 5-10 minutes
Drain and rinse under cold water to stop cooking
Transfer to large bowl or platter

Cook chicken in large skillet over medium high heat, 1-2 minutes on each side 
I used the foreman grill instead of pan frying

Add remaining marinade to noodles, toss well


Add carrots, broccoli, cucumbers, basil and peanuts

Top with chicken

Serve immediately


That's all folks,

Peace & Love

Mary












You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *