Challenge Monday

/
0 Comments
It's Challenge Monday 

I'm finally back on the West Coast! 

Fitness Challenge 

I challenge you to complete burpees 5-6 days this week

Fitness Synopsis
  • Burpees challenge your entire body
  • I hate and love them at the same time

Why Why Why
  • Burpees are one of the most efficient, effective, functional, body weight exercises out there
  • This exercise works almost every muscle in your body: arms, chest, quads, glutes, and hamstrings
  • You burn more calories in less time compared to other body weight exercises
  • Burpees boost your cardio endurance and strengthen your entire body
Material
  • Willpower
  • Water
  • A little extra time
  • Disciple
  • Strong body
  • Strong mind

Directions
Complete 20 Burpees everyday this week
Video 1 
Squat Thurst
If you are new to burpees start with squat thrust
Place hands on floor in front of you
Jump feet back into push up position 
Jump feet back up close to your hands
Stand up straight
That's one rep 

Video 2
Burpees with push up and squat 

Video 3 
Basic Burpees
Stand straight up
Place your hands on the floor directly in front of you and lower into a squat position
Jump your feet back into a push up position and drop your chest to the floor
Bring your chest up and return your feet back to squat position 
Jump in the air as high as you can
That's one rep 

Video 4
Wide Leg Burpees

Video 5
Burpees with Tuck Jumps


My Take
I hate and love burpees at the same time. You can not deny how effective this exercise is. I used to avoid all workouts that include burpees, now I add them to pretty much every workout routine I complete. I use them as a warm up, or in the middle of my workout to get my heart rate up. If you haven't tried burpees you might hate me now, but you will love me later. 

Nutrition Challenge

Challenge Synopsis
  • Incorporate beets into your daily eating habits
  • I challenge you to eat more beets this week

Why Why Why
  • Beets were used by the ancient Romans as a natural aphrodisiac - they contain high amounts of boron, boron is related to the production of human sex hormones 
  • Beets are high in: Potassium, Magnesium, Fiber, Phosphorus, Iron, Vitamin A, Vitamin B, Vitamin C, Beta Carotene, Beta Cyanite, Frolic Acid
  • Beets are natural body cleanser, they detox the liver and purifies the blood
  • Beets can prevent many forms of cancer
  • Beets contain tryptophan which relaxes the mind while creating a sense of well being
Materials
Beets baby just beets

Directions
Eat - Juice - Consuming more beets everyday this week

My Take
I'm one of those weird peeps that loves beets. If beets are on the menu I'm going to order them. When I was on my way down, (losing weight) I juiced beets 3-5 times a week. Yep they turned my pee pink, I actually like that side effect. Beets aren't tasty to everyone, but they are great for you. Sometimes we have to make ourselves enjoy something just because it's good for you. By the way alcohol doesn't taste that great either, yet we manage to drink it somehow. 

Self Improvement Challenge

I challenge you to practice forgiveness everyday this week

Challenge Synopsis
  • Practice forgiveness in your everyday life
  • Forgive someone that you have a grudge with

Why Why Why
  • Forgiveness is one of the most powerful things you can do for yourself 
  • It takes true strength to forgive someone that has wronged you
  • Forgiveness isn't for the other person, it's for yourself
  • Holding a grudge fills you with bitterness, anger, disappointment, and hurt
  • By forgiving you release yourself from the burden of negative emotions
Materials
  • An open mind
  • An open heart
  • Humility 
  • A kind heart

Directions
Take this week to forgive people that have wronged 

My Take
I do not hold grudges, not because I'm perfect, but because I know I'm imperfect. I never mean to hurt anyone with my actions, but sometimes it's unavoidable. If someone I love feels as if I have wronged them I'm the first to apologize. When I feel that someone has wronged me, I am very quick to forgive. This week I'm going to work on forgiving one of my boyfriend's friends. We had a disagreement about a year ago and I've been avoiding him since the incident. I think it's time for me to put our differences behind us. I hope this week's challenge inspires us to forgive.

Peace & Love,
Mary

References:
www.mindbodygreen.com
www.purposefairy.com
www.huffingtonpost.com









You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *