Benefits of Stabilization & Balance Exercises

/
0 Comments

Hi Friends,
For the last few weeks I've been throwing stabilization and balance exercises at you, one legged dead lifts, 360 planks, standing running mans, plank walks... I swear by these exercises, they slow down my workouts and kick my butt. 

I love planks. The goal is to hold them for 60 seconds, by 30 seconds I get pissed off and have to talk myself into not giving up, then 45 seconds hit and my body starts shaking like a leaf, as soon as my timer reads 00:00 I drop down to my knees huffing and puffing like I just ran a marathon. All this because I was holding my body in a certain position, no reps, no weights, no crazy movements, isn't the human body awesome. 

What about those standing running man's I posted last week? If you haven't tried them yet stop reading and try one right now! You might fall over as soon as you try to bring your body down, it's crazy how good you assume your balance is, and as you as you challenge it your body freaks out and  you have to hold on to something to stop gravity from pulling you down. 



I plan on sprinkling in more and more  stabilization and balance exercise over the next few months. Here is a list of benefits of messing with your equilibrium. 

Benefits of Stablization & Balance Exercises 
  • Improves communication between brain and muscles
  • Helps with muscle isolation
  • Make your body work harder which burns more calories
  • Good for all ages
  • Keeps your mind and body young
  • Helps prevent slips, trips, and falls
  • Everyone from beginner to elite athletes can benefit for balance and stabilization exercises
  • Increases the effectiveness of your workouts  
That's all today folks!
Peace & Love,
Mary



You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *