Challenge Monday

/
0 Comments

Fitness Challenge

I challenge you to complete my new ab workout 5-6 days this week

Challenge Synopsis 
  • Forget crunches and sit-ups, lets add some fun to your ab workout
Why Why Why
  • Core muscles include lower back, hip flexors, hip rotators, glutes, as well as your lower, middle, and side obliques, these exercises target all of these areas
  • Abdominals attach to your spine and pelvis which helps balance and posture
  • 80% of Americans will complain of back pain within their lifetime, the best ways to prevent back pains is to strengthen your abdominal
  • Everyone wants a flat and tight midsection, these exercises will push you closer to your goals
Materials
  • Willpower
  • Water
  • A little extra time
  • A light kettle bell or dumbbell
  • Disciple
  • Strong body
  • Strong mind

Directions
Complete 5 sets, 12 reps of each exercise

Crab Walk
Targets: Triceps & Core


  • Position your body on all 4s, belly towards the sky
  • Brace your entire body as you simultaneously lift and touch your left foot to your right arm
  • Return back to starting position
  • Simultaneously lift and touch your right foot to your left arm
  • That's one rep


Turkish Get Up Prep
Targets: Entire Core, Shoulders


  • Laying on ground extend left arm straight up in the air, left leg bent, foot firmly on the ground, right left lifted 1-2 inches off the ground, right hand planted firmly on ground
  • Use your core strength to lift your chest off the ground until you are sitting up, make sure to keep arm raised above head
  • Make sure to keep right left lifted during entire exercise
  • That's one rep


Russian Twists
Targets: Entire core

  • Sit up with back straight, lean back as much as you can while still keeping your back straight
  • Raise feet 1-2 inches off ground and slightly bend your knees
  • Twist your body side to side reaching for the ground on each twist


Opposite Toe Touches
Targets: Entire core


  • Laying flat on ground, belly towards the sky
  • Lift right arm and left leg simultaneously connecting in the middle of body
  • Release to starting position
  • That's one rep
My Take
I'm obsessed with maintaining a flat stomach  all year. These exercises set my core on fire and produce fast results. What more do I need. 

Nutrition Challenge
Eat less Sugar


Challenge Synopsis
  • I challenge you to eat less sugar everyday this week
  • Cut down your sugar intake over the next 7 days

Why Why Why
  • Sugar is addictive, eating sugar activates the feel good chemical in your brain, making it close to impossible to resist cravings
  • Sugar pumps you full of energy, them sends you into a horrible crash leaving you fatigue
  • Eating excessive amounts of sugar can lead to heart disease, liver damage, stroke and risk to certain types of cancer
Materials
Sugar substitutes 
Honey
Stevia
Agave nectar 

Directions
  • Read labels and avoid foods that are high in sugar
    • high - over 22.5g of total sugars per 100g
    • low - 5g of total sugar or less per 100g
  • Make fruit your dessert, opt out of sugar filled treats
  • Replace added sugar in coffee, ice tea and lemonade by adding honey, stevia, or agave nectar instead
  • Reduce the amount of sugar you use in recipes
  • Avoid candy for the next 7 days
  • Make your own salad dressings, common flavors and brands are high in sugar
  • Cut out soft drinks and juices that are high in sugar
My Take
Staying away from sugar is hard for most people. I enjoy reading labels, so I can usually keep my sugar count low. Can't wait to dive into this challenge. I wonder if I will go through any withdraws.

Self Improvement Challenge
Take the laugh path


Challenge Synopsis
I challenge you to laugh as much as possible this week, even if it's not funny, look for the humor in everything

Why Why Why 
  • Laughter is the best medicine
  • Laughter boosts the immune system
  • Laughter attracts others to you
  • Laughter can enhance teamwork
  • Laughter can improve the cardiovascular system
  • A good laugh can relive stress and physical tension, which relaxes your entire body
  • Laughing releases endorphins, endorphins make your feel good
Materials
  • A good sense of humor
  • Positive attitude
  • A few good jokes
Directions
  • Instead of flipping off the person who cut you off during your morning commute, or yelling at your sweetheart when they forget to put out the trash...
  • Laugh instead
  • Use laughter as a stress reliver this week
  • When your blood is about to boiling over try to laugh off that anger

My Take
Last weekend my boyfriend and I were staying in a hotel, he did something that pissed me off and he knew it. He looked me straight in the face and said "Take the Laugh Path!!" I couldn't help but to laugh and magically I wasn't mad anymore. We decided right then and there 'take the laugh path' would be this weeks self improvement challenge. Remember when all else fails...just laugh. 


You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *