DIY Weaving T-Shirt

/
0 Comments
Hi Friends!
It's Friday and I'm feeling great. I've been washing and cleaning the house like a mad woman, that's what you get when you leave for 3 weeks. There are dust bunnies everywhere. Ugh

Let's throw some DIY fun into the mix. I have a closet full of T-shirts that I plan on cutting up. A few were too cute to pass up, some I  outgrew. Today we are addressing this problem. My favorite shirt has a peanut butter and jelly sandwich on the front of it. I brought it at a skate shop that was going out of sale. The shirt does nothing for my figure, but we can change that with a few simple, or not so simple, cuts. 

I found this tutorial at www.daretodoityourself.blogspot.com and I had to try.

DIY Double Weaving T-shirt 

Step 1
Draw horizontal Lines on the back of the shirt using a ruler all the way to the bottom of the shirt

Step 2
Draw to vertical lines down center of the shirt


Step 3
Draw a horizontal lines on center of shirt


Step 4
Cut the first horizontal lines to the first centerlines on both sides of shirt



Step 5
Cut the center lines


Step 6
Stretch shirt, pulling sides 


Step 7
Braid center strips
Take second strip loop under first strip and pullover do this all the way to the bottom of the shirt



Step 8
Use a needle and thread to secure the end trim excess fabric


Step 9
Cut neckline, stretch it

Step 10
Cut sleeves and stretch them


DONE!
Wear your shirt with pride! 

I also found a few other projects I'm dying to complete.  I'll keep you guys updated on my upcoming projects. 

Do you remember this trench coat from kill bill? I do and I want it now! I'm going to start looking for a trench coat, get it fitted to my liking, then I'll try not to ruin it by drawing all over it. This girl makes everything look so simple.

Enjoy!






You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *