Challenge Monday

/
0 Comments

It's Challenge Monday!

Lets GO!!!

Fitness Challenge 
I challenge you to complete Plank Walks & Bear Crawls everyday this week

Challenge Synopsis
  • Plank Walks and Bear Crawls are full body stabilization and cardio exercises
  • Both exercises challenge your entire body and cardio endurance 
Why Why Why
  • Planks target the abdominals the way they are supposed to function by maintaining stability of your core muscles
  • Planks strengthen the core, shoulders, hips and improve balance, by adding walking in the mix plank walks are a challenging and rewarding full body workout 
  • Wrestlers use bear walks to develop whole body strengthen 
  • Walking like a bear targets the muscles in your back that help keep your body upright 
Materials
  • Willpower
  • Water
  • A little extra time
  • Disciple
  • Strong body
  • Strong mind
Directions
Complete 12 Plank Walks x2 (walk to left 12 reps then to the right 12 reps) 
Complete 12 Bear Walls x2 (walk forward 12 reps then backwards 12 reps)


Plank Walks
Laying on your stomach toes on ground, hands directly under your shoulders fingers spread, activate your entire body - core, legs, butt, arms, and shoulders
Gently push your body up placing weight equally on each side of the body
Activate core keep your butt down pick up your left arm and left leg at the same time, move it 1-2 inches to the left
Activate core keep your butt down pick up your right arm and leg at the same time, move it 1-2 inches
That's one rep

Bear Walks
Place hands on ground about 3 feet in front of you 
Keep butt high in the air
Step forward with right hand then step forward with left foot
Step forward with left hand then step forward with right foot 
That's one rep 
Once you complete 12 reps reverse your directions and complete 12 more
Continue crawling forward opposite hand and opposite foot
*keep your butt as high as you can in the air, this takes a lot of pressure off of your wrist

My Take
Both of these exercises train and target your core without focusing on your core. I like adding these exercises to training routines when I'm tired of basic crunches and sit-ups. Planks keep my stomach flat, and plank walks challenge my balance and arm strengthen. Bear crawls kick my butt every time. 

Nutrition Challenge 
I challenge you eat more raw vegetables

Challenge Synopsis
  • Make sure to eat at least one serving of raw vegetables everyday this week
  • Add raw carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, snap peas, bell peppers, and more to your regular diet this week 
  • I'm talking raw, crunch, juicy, natures treats 
Why Why Why
  • Raw vegetables play a important role in our diet by supporting normal function of vital body systems
  • Raw vegetables provide our cells with vitamins, minerals, fiber, essential oils, phytonutrients, healthy enzymes, and help keep you regular
  • Raw vegetables are low in calories and fat
  • Eating more raw vegetables can help you loose weight faster and increase your energy levels 
  • Raw vegetables have cancer fight properties 
Materials
  • Lots of Raw vegetables
  • Your favorite low fat low calorie dipping sauces 
Directions
  • Just eat more raw vegetables!!

My Take
I'm finally heading back to California and I'm in need of some healthy food. I definatly got off of my strict diet while traveling, but that was half the fun. I worked really hard to look great in my bikini and I spent the last few weeks destroying my hard work. I can't wait to get back on track workout out 5-6 days a week and eating healthy. My boyfriend and I both agreed to eat super healthy for the next 7 days, adding raw vegetables, fresh salads and a few detox smoothies into the mix. My blog and challenges reflect my life, my struggles, and my goals. I hope you are enjoying the ride. 

Self Improvement Challenge
Turn off all electronics for at least 1 hour a day

Challenge Synopsis 
  • Turn off your iPhone, iPad, computer, iPod anything that has an on & off switch for at least 1 hour a day
  • Give your thumbs, eyes, and mind a break from glowing screens, important email, online shopping, and Instagram posting 
Why Why Why
  • We get consumed by our electronics on a daily bases and it's good to purposely unplug and give your eyes, fingers, and mind a rest
  • Studies prove checking the screen of your phone or tablet can be compulsive and addictive, checking updates, commenting on posts and updating your favorite social media accounts can be too tempting to resist for a lot of people, by totally disconnecting and powering down you allow your mind time to rest and recharge 
  • Technology makes almost everything easier, but it also creates a lot of tension and anxiety in our lives  
Materials
  • Willpower
  • Disciple 
Directions
  • Pick one hour a day, preferably before bedtime
  • Turn off anything with a glowing screen and reconnect with yourself and love ones 
My Take
I'm growing this blog and other social media accounts so I'm constantly checking emails, commenting on posts, and reading blogs. It gets exhausting, but I know to reach my desired goals I have to keep myself visible in cyberspace. I used to do most of my instagraming at night in bed while my boyfriend caught up on our favorite new shows. I figured it was the best time to get work done in a comfortable setting. I noticed a few months ago he didn't like my new habit and would let out loud sighs while I posted pictures and searched different hashtags. Now I make sure to get all of my work done before it's time to hit the sheets. This way he doesn't feel slighted and I can clear my head before heading to bed. It's improved the quality of my sleep and our relationship. I hope this challenge can do the same for you. 

That's all today folk!
Peace & Love,
Mary


You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *