Challenge Monday

/
0 Comments
Challenge Mondays

I was in Costa Rica, but I staid on top of my Challenges. 

Let's get started

Fitness Challenge
I challenge you to complete Standing Running Mans everyday for the next 7 days

Challenge Synopsis
  • Standing running mans is a balance exercise that targets your lower body and core
  • This is an advanced exercise, if you are a beginner try limit your extension, making smaller movements 
Why Why Why
  • Balance exercises improve stability and helps prevent falls
  • This exercise challenges your flexibility while strengthening you lower body, core, and improves stamina 
  • Poor balance effects millions of people young and old
  • Balance exercises gives you better awareness of your body, boosts your confidence, and keeps your body stay young and healthy longer
Materials
  • Will power
  • Water
  • A little extra time
  • Disciple
  • Strong body
  • Strong mind
Directions
Complete 20 Standing Running Mans everyday this week



Place all weight on the right side of your body. Lift your right leg hip height raising your left hand to an 90 degree angle pointed up, right hand in a 90 degree angle pointed down.  

**This is a advanced exercise! hold on to something sturdy when trying this

My Take
I'm a clumsy person by nature. I'm one of those people that trips going up the stairs, lol. I add balance exercises to my regularly workout routine on a weekly basis. It slows down the workout, but it's just challenging as completing 25 push ups. Take this one slow, it takes a while to get the hang of it. Hold on to a table or something sturdy when trying this exercise for the first time, don't give up if you fall a few times, that means it's working

Nutrition Challenge 
Eat more Corn

Challenge Synopsis

  • I challenge you to eat more corn this week
  • Incorporate corn into your daily eating habits   

Why Why Why
  • Corn has antioxidant benefits
  • Corn is high in dietary fiber which keeps you regular
  • Corn is an unique phytonutrient-rich and a great source of mineral manganese
  • Corn contains high levels of B vitamins, zinc, copper, iron, and ferulic acid
Materials
  • Corn
  • Corn recipes
  • Your appetite 
Directions
Eat more corn this week! As simple as that

My Take
I love corn, I can eating morning, noon, and night. My boyfriend loves corn more than I do. It's sweet, refreshing, and oh so delicious. Corn can be high in calories, so make sure not to over eat, keep your portion sizes down and you will be fine. Eat more corn!!!! 


Self Improvement Challenge
Only fill your head with positive thoughts 
Challenge Synopsis  
  • We control our thoughts & our thoughts control our lives
  • Do your best this week to replace any negative thoughts with positive ones
  • It sounds corny but this simple exercise help me turn my life around 
Why Why Why 
  • Positive thinkers are healthier, less stressed, and usually have greater overall wellbeing - according to research conducted by Suzanne Segerstrom a positive psychology researcher
  • Positive thinkers cope better with everyday obstacles 
  • Optimism can improve your immunity 
  • Positive thinking can make you more resilient 
Materials
  • Positive thoughts 
  • Strong Mind and Body
Directions
  • Whenever you have negative thoughts do your best to change those thoughts to positive ones
  • You get back what you put out, so why not think positively, focus on what you want instead of what's going wrong around you 
  • Don't spend any time thinking about what went wrong or what you want, spend that time thinking about what you have and how you can improve your life
  • Spend your time focusing on positive things and positive things will start happening to you
  • Sounds a little hippy dippy but it works and I'm living proof
My Take
I am a believer in positive thinker. There are many books that support this challenge, way to many to list right now. Really push yourself to only have positive thoughts this next week. This challenge can change your life 

Peace & Love,
Mary


You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *