Stalkers

/
0 Comments

Ok...
This happens to me a every time I reach my physical goals, stalkers appeared out of nowhere. My definition of stalkers are men that follow me in grocery stores, department stores, and parking lots. They don't approach me, no one throws out a corny line or asks what my name is, they  just stare at me from afar, smiling, licking their lips, with a look of shock and amazement. Stalkers watch my every move, they are memorized by my style and beauty and they usually don't know what to do. 



I wish I could say I enjoy all of this male attention, but in 2013 it's a scary world out there. Instead of basking in the glow of male affection I'm a lot more leary while in public. 

My father was a drill sergeant and I've been trained all of my life to watch my back and stay on my toes. I've always been a girl that's overly alert, which is the only reason, I believe, that I've never had any real issues, and now-a-days I'm more alert than ever.

As much as I like being admired I realize there is a serious element of danger that comes along with being a beautiful, sexy, woman. I've never had the courtesy of thinking nothing could happen to me. Instead I'm constantly on my guard, looking for the nearest exit, watching others watch me, and practicing safety tips I've learn throughout my adventurous life. 

Today I'm sharing a few of my favorite tips, and stories, everyone should be aware of their surroundings. Your life is precious and you should treat it as such.




Self Defense Tips

The elbow is the strongest point on your body. If you are close enough to use it, do!

If a robber asks for your wallet and/or purse, DO NOT HAND IT TO HIM. Toss it away from you....  Chances are that he is more interested in your wallet and/or purse than you, and he will go for the wallet/purse. RUN LIKE MAD IN THE OTHER DIRECTION!

If you are ever thrown into the trunk of a car, kick out the back tail lights, stick your arm out the hole and start waving like crazy.. The driver won't see you, but everybody else will. This has saved lives.

 Women have a tendency to get into their cars after shopping, eating, working, etc., and just sit (doing their checkbook, making a list, etc.) DON'T DO THIS! A predator may be watching you, and this is the perfect opportunity for him to get in on the passenger side, put a gun to your head, and tell you where to go. AS SOON AS YOU GET INTO YOUR CAR , LOCK THE DOORS AND LEAVE.

 ALWAYS take the elevator instead of the stairs. Stairwells are horrible places to be alone and the perfect crime spot. (This is especially true at NIGHT!)

 If the predator has a gun and you are not under his control, ALWAYS RUN! The predator will only hit you (a running target) 4 in 100 times; and even then, it most likely WILL NOT be a vital organ.  RUN, preferably in a zig-zag pattern!

 As women, we are always trying to be sympathetic: STOP It may get you raped, or killed. Ted Bundy, the serial killer, was a good-looking, well educated man, who ALWAYS played on the sympathies of unsuspecting women. He walked with a cane, or a limp, and often asked 'for help' into his vehicle or with his vehicle, which is when he abducted his next victim.

Another Safety Point: Someone just told me that her friend heard a crying baby on her porch the night before last, and she called the police because it was late and she thought it was weird.. The police told her 'Whatever you do, DO NOT open the door....' The lady then said that it sounded like the baby had crawled near a window, and she was worried that it would crawl to the street and get run over. The policeman said, 'We already have a unit on the way, whatever you do, DO NOT open the door.' He told her that they think a serial killer has a baby's cry recorded and uses it to coax women out of their homes thinking that someone dropped off a baby. He said they have not verified it, but have had several calls by women saying that they hear baby's cries outside their doors when they're home alone at night.

Water scam! If you wake up in the middle of the night to hear all your taps outside running or what you think is a burst pipe, DO NOT GO OUT TO INVESTIGATE! These people turn on all your outside faucets full blast so that you will go out to investigate and then attack. This was mentioned on America's Most Wanted when they profiled the serial killer in Louisiana.



I know it's Monday, but safety is important.

Yesterday a man followed me around Ross, a department store, then he followed me to Starbucks. He didn't approach me, he kept 15-20 feet distance between us and watched me. I noticed the man and decided to go to CVS, in the same shopping center,  that always has security guards. The man followed me to CVS. As soon as I saw security I chatted him up, the man saw me talking to security and backed off. I even pointed in the direction of the man and told the guard that he had followed me around 2 stores. The guard perked up and told me to stay with him until the man in question left the shopping center. I think the stalker got the point because he immediately  headed to his car and left. I hung out with security for 10 minutes and then proceeded to head home, constantly checking my rear view mirrors to make sure I wasn't being followed. 

I know it sounds like a movie, but this is real life, something that happened to me over the weekend.



Stay safe my friends. Always be aware of your surroundings, it might save your life one day.

Blessings
Ms Mary

References 
http://www.attackproof.com


You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *