Healthy treats, Spanish Tapas, and It's Friday!

/
0 Comments
Hello Friends!

We Made it!!! It's FRIDAY!!!



Yesterday I tackled 2 recipes from my healthy late night snacking posting. Both turned out great!!!

Strawberry Banana Creams 



8 Strawberries
2oz vanilla Greek yogurt
1/2 small banana
1 teaspoon sliced almonds

-Mash Bananas in small bowl with fork and mix in yogurt
-Use knife and carve out the middle of each strawberry
-Fill center of each strawberry with banana yogurt mixture
-Top with sliced Almonds 
Makes 1 serving

Calories 145
Calories from fat 31
Total Fat 3.5g
Saturated Fat 0.3g
Sodium 28mg
Total Carbs 22.5g
Dietary Fibers 4.0g
Sugar 13.4g
Protein 8.2g
Vitamin A 1%
Calcium 11%
Vitamin C 101%
Iron 4%

These were tasty! Easy to make, easy clean up, and they melted in your mouth. The Banana adds a little sweetness, the combination of fresh sweet strawberries, vanilla greek yogurt, mashed bananas, and sliced almonds is delectable. They were fun to make, and even better to eat. You couldn't tell they were low fat, I plan on making these little treats at my next gathering. 

Dark Chocolate and Almond Treats

A Paleo treat that's also Gluten Free and Vegan! 



1 cup and 3 tablespoons melted dark chocolate
1 -1/2 cup whole almonds
(optional - handful of coconut shavings)

-Line baking sheet with parchment paper
-Start melting dark chocolate pieces in a pan on low heat (will not take long to melt)
*The serving size is for melted chocolate, if you measure out the pieces before hand allow more chips to be added than recommend amount
-Place teaspoon of melted chocolate on parchment paper
-Top with hand-full of almonds
-Drizzle almonds with one tablespoon melted chocolate
-Repeat process with remaining almonds and chocolate until your pan is full
-Optional - Sprinkle with coconut shavings over each tiny circle
-Transfer to fridge for about 10 minutes to chill
-Remove when firm
-Enjoy right away

Calories 41
Calories from fat 28
Total Fat 3.1g
Saturated Fat 0.9g
Sodium 2mg
Total Carbs 2.6g
Dietary Fibers 0.9g
Sugar 1.7g
Protein 1.0g
Calcium 1%
Iron 1%

I plan on always having these little treats handy. I made my own chocolate and it was easy, plus they tasted great! That fact that they are Vegan, Gluten free, and Paleo is just the icing on the cake. 

Lets talk New Restaurants

I found a new Restaurant, hidden among the tourist traps that line the piers. 

Coqueta 
Spanish
The Embarcadero
Pier 5
San Francisco, Ca 94105



I'm a tapas kind of girl. Tapas are small plates that are usually shared, instead of ordering hefty main dish, you get to order 3-4 smaller dishes, which gives you more of a variety in your meal. Coqueta is a little on the expensive side, and some of the portions are small, but the flavor combinations are there, and the preparations is flawless. If you enjoy Spanish style Tapas, you will enjoy Coqueta.



I hope everyone has a wonder-filled 4 day weekend. 

Blessings

Mary 

 







You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *