Meal Planning, Exercisng, and Myths vs Facts

/
0 Comments
 
Hello All!!
I’ve been catching up on my sleep and moving boxes, everything is getting back to normal.



Exercise

I’m pretty happy about my body right now. That means it's time for me to start a new workout program. For the last 6 months I’ve been working with Kettle Bells, and a lot of 30 day challenges. I enjoy the results, and I’m ready for a bigger challenge.

I’m thinking I’m going to start a TRX Suspension Training program. I’ve talked about TRX before; it is a highly portable performance-training tool that leverages gravity and the user’s body weight to complete 100s of exercises.

Instead of adding more weight lifting to my workouts, I am going to add more body weight movements i.e. push ups, a variety of planks, lunges, pull ups, and any other exercise that I don’t need equipment for. This way I can exercise anywhere and not worry about lugging equipment around, while being creative and trying new exercies.



Myths Vs Facts
I purchased a book “Which comes first Cardio or Weights” by Alex Hutchinson Ph.d. The book is a good read, and very educational, it inspired this section. Enjoy





What are you eating?

Now that I’m where I want to be, I’m a little afraid to eat. Fear of gaining weight is always somewhere roaming around my head. I’m always worried about something. I’ve been eating a lot of salads for lunch. They give me energy, and I feel satisfied when I’m done eating them, not full but satisfied. Dinner is where the calories start to pack on. Its hard pulling away from the greasy appetizers my friends love to order. I’m usually pretty good with discipline, but every now and again, I crave the bad stuff.

Since I’m moving to my new house within the next few days, I’ve come up with a new meal plan that should help me stay on track.



Breakfast
Green Smoothie, find the recipe at www.greenglowlove.blogspot.com
or
Oatmeal with Flax seeds, and blueberries
Or
Egg whites, and avocado

The goal is to keep my breakfast under 500 calories, which has been no problem for me.

Lunch
Healthy Salads, no dressing needed. Crispy lettuce, vegetables, fresh tomatoes, and any other goodies they decided to put on it. I enjoy Salads, they give me energy and make me feel refreshed.
Or
Veggie Wrap,
Or
Tuna Sandwich

Snacks
Fruit: Apple, Oranges, Bananas, and Grapes
Raw Vegetables: Carrots, Celery, broccoli, Jicama, Tomatoes
Hummus, boiled eggs,

Dinner
Not too sure about dinner.
Since I eat out a lot, I’m going to have to find different meals that keep my on my diet plan, while avoiding fried foods, and overly processed foods. I’m usually pretty good about pushing away and not overeating during dinner time. My trick is to stop eating before I’m full, within 5 minutes I’m usually very satisfied with the qanity of my food intake.  

Thats all  Folks

Type to you soon 
Hearts


You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *