Blogging and Pink Slim

/
0 Comments
Hello Friends

Finally things are getting back to normal. At least as normal as they will be for a while. AT&T finally pulled through and got my Internet up and working!



I'm a happy happy girl. #happygirl

I've been living on 3G for the past week and it was really starting to affect me. I also realized that I am a Blogger and I love it, I wouldn't want to live without it. At first it felt like torture, finding interesting things to talk about on a daily based, editing and rewriting posts multiple times, trying to get your readership up, marketing yourself on Facebook... Ugh I hated that part, but it did jump start my business and my blog. An array of technicians were in and out of my new home, installing all of my wants and needs, and when asked what I did for a living BLOGGER spewed out of mouth like hot soup. Not personal trainer, or life coach, which is currently how I make my living, my only means of survival. I identify myself as a Blogger. As silly and corny as I am, I think I've found my voice. Thanks for listening.



This article disgusted me. I couldn't believe it, and I'm also not surprised

Sorry McDonald's lovers yucky news!!



Hamburger chef Jamie Oliver has just won the battle against one if the largest fast food chains in the world. After Oliver showed how McDonald's hamburgers are made, the franchise announced it will change its recipe.

According to Oliver, the fatty parts of beef are "washed" in ammonium hydroxide and used in the filling of the burger. Before this process, according to the presenter, the food is deemed unfit for human consumption. 

According to the chef and presenter, Jamie Oliver, who has undertaken a war against the fast food industry: "Basically, we're taking product that would be sold in the cheapest way for dogs, and after this process, is being given to human beings.

Besides the low quality of the meat, the ammonium hydroxide is harmful to health. Oliver calls it "the pink slim process."

"Why would any sensible human being put meat filled with ammonium in the mouths of their children?" Asked the chef, who wages a war against the fast food industry.

In one if his initiatives, Oliver demonstrates to children how nuggets are made. After selecting the best parts of the chicken, the remains (fat, skin, and internal organs) are processed for these fried foods.

The company, Arcos Dorados, the franchise manager in Latin America, said such procedure is not practiced in the region. The same applies to the product in Ireland and the UK, where they use meat from local suppliers.

In the United States, Burger King and Taco Bell has already abandoned the use of ammonia in their products. The food industry uses ammonium hydroxide as in anti-microbial agent in meats, which has allowed McDonald's to use otherwise "inedible meat"

Even more disturbing is that because ammonium hydroxide is considered part of the "component in a production procedure" by the USDA, consumers may not know when the chemical, is in their food.

On the official website of McDonald's, the company, claims their meat is cheap because, while serving many people everyday, they are able to buy from their suppliers at a lower price, and offer the best quality products.

In addition, the franchise denied that the decision to change the recipe is related to Jamie Oliver's campaign. On the site, McDonalds has admitted that they have abandoned the beef filler from its burger patties. 



Yucky Yuck Yuck. 

That's all there is left to say about that.

Hearts my friends,
Ms Mary


You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *