Happy Hump Day Recipes

/
0 Comments
 Asian Beef with Snow Peas



Ingredients
3 tablespoons light soy sauce
2 tablespoon rice wine
1 tablespoon brown sugar
½ teaspoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 pound beef round steak, cut into strips
8 oz snow peas

Preparation
  1. In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, rice wine, brown sugar and cornstarch. Set mixture aside
  2. Heat oil in a wok or skillet over medium high
  3. Stir-fry ginger and garlic for 30 seconds.
  4. Add the steak and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until evenly browned.
  5. Add the snow peas and stir-fry for an additional 3 minutes
  6. Add the soy sauce mixture, bring to a boil, stirring constantly
  7. Lower heat and simmer until sauce is thick and smooth.
  8. Serve immediately

In my house stir fry’s are served over rice, that’s just a suggestion.

Calories 203 kcal
Carbohydrates 9.7g
Fat 10g
Protein 16g
Cholesterol 39mg
Fiber 1.5g
Sodium 711mg


I decided it was time to bite the bullet and try to prepare beef. I feel like the easiest way to cook beef is on the grill, but I don’t have a grill. I’m always afraid I’m going to over or under cook beef in the oven. I picked this recipe because Stir Frying is easy, and something I know I can handle. I was a big fan of the Juila and Julia movie. Julia Childs used to say: Be Brave (referring to cooking) so when ever I get nervous I tell myself to Be Brave and just cook. I was brave and my beef came out tender, juicy, flavorfully, and delicate. I’m very proud of my first beef dish, so proud that I had to share it with all of you. I hope you enjoy.

BE BRAVE!!!

Reference:



You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *