Happy Abdominal Monday

/
0 Comments

 Here are my weekly pictures… Enjoy




 

Hello Friends!

I hope everyone enjoyed there weekend, I know I did. Last week I mentioned I had hit a wall with my cardio training. I hadn’t been working as hard I know I needed to, I’m not sure why I started slacking off, but that’s not the point, I didn’t have time to figure out my downfall all I could do is get myself back on track. So starting last week I ramped up my routine by adding an hour of cardio before my lifting schedule. As “in-shape” as I consider myself, it was more than a little frustrating to have to complete dauntingly hard cardio routines without quitting. The first day was the hardest, I wanted to give up many times, but I stuck with it, and completed an entire week of intense cardio training. I have to say I’m happy with the change in routine. I feel strong and I’m having fun confusing my body and creating new challenges. You can’t go wrong when you push yourself. 

My abs are looking good to me. I’m proud of myself, and I’m a week away from my first bikini appearance. This week I’m going to get super strict, and push myself harder then ever. Its show time… and I think I’m ready. 


I have been obsessing over planks for the last few weeks, and I’m still on the plank bandwagon. I have added some sort of plank exercise into my everyday routine, and I can see the difference. Today we are going to tackle planks with leg lifts and arm lifts, just to make it a little more challenging.



Plank with Leg Lift

  • Start in plank position on forearms.
  • Keep torso straight and rigid with your body in a straight line from ears to toes with no sagging, bending or swaying.
  • Your head should be relaxed and looking at the ground
  • Slowly raise one leg around 6 inches off the floor
  • Hold for 1 to 2 seconds
  • Slowly lower leg to the floor
  • Switch legs and repeat
  • Do 2-3 sets of 10 reps.

Plank with Arm Lift

  • Start in plank position on forearms
  • Keep torso straight and rigid with your body in a straight line from ears to toes with no sagging bending or swaying
  • Your head should be relaxed and looking at the ground
  • Shift your weight to your right forearm
  • Extend your left arm straight out in front of you
  • Hold for 3 seconds, keeping you core tight
  • Slowly bring arm back to starting position
  • Switch arms and repeat
  • Do 2-3 sets of 10 reps

Try these new plank exercise.
They are challenging and fun. 

Refernces:
 



You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *