Happy Calorie Counting Thursdays!!

/
0 Comments

Bikini season is quickly approaching, and I have a few trips planed this summer, each require swim attire. I always feel like I have something to prove when I put on my bathing suit. I think I’m still trying to convince myself that I can successfully pull off a bikini, but whatever I decided to wear, at the beach or pool side, I know I will look good, and hold my head high.



Around this time of year, any calorie counting information is helpful.  Where are some of my favorite tricks of the trade. 


FYI
You have to cut 3,500 calories to drop one pound!!!!  Lets get Cutting!

  • Swap toast, waffles, pastries, or pop tarts for an English Muffin and cut 220 calories
  • Swap a glass of whole mile for a glass of skim milk cut 70 calories
  • Take a walk during your lunch hour. “a brisk 15-minute walk burns about 100 calories and it gives you less time to eat” says Majorie Nolan RD, DND, CPT,
  • Get Salad instead of fries and save 300 calories
  • Try to get in an extra serving of vegetables at dinner and save 250 calories
  • Skip dessert and save up to 400 calories
  • Practicing leaving food on your plate and cut up to 500 Calories
  • “You can burn up to an extra 500 calories a day without doing a lot of activity, simply by standing rather then sitting” says John Timmerman, cutting up to 120-60 calories
  • Use a stability ball in place of a chair at work. You could burn up to 350 calories
  • Water, Water, Water, Water, 8 fluid ounces a day can help you cut around 300 calories
  • Doing some form of cardio during commercials while watching TV can cut 300 calories
  • No more snacking and watching TV, you can save 288  calories
  • “Studies show people who get less than 6 hours of sleep eat up to 300 calories more during the day because a lack of sleep triggers the production of the hunger hormone grehlin,” says Marjorie Nolan, RD, CND, CPT



Calorie watch isn’t always fun, but sometimes it necessary for us to reach our desired weight loss goals. I hope this list was helpful.

Let me know what you think, and which tips you are most likely to try.

Remember, this is a journey that you will be on for the rest of your life. Don’t stress about everything you place in your mouth, but try to find some inner self-control. You will thank yourself when you slip into that itty bitty bikini.



Reference:





You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *