Happy Hump Day Recipes

/
0 Comments
 
 
  I am on a mission to cook, edit, and consume low calorie recipes at least two to three times a week. 

Oven Fried Shrimp
 


Ingredients

1 pound raw shrimp (75-100 count)
            I  butterfly(ed) my shrimp after cleaning them.
½ cup panko crumbs
I ran out of panko crumbs with 4 shrimp to go, I suggest you add an additional ¼ cup of crumbs
½ cup regular breadcrumbs
I ran out of breadcrumbs with 4 shrimp to go, I suggest you add an additional ¼ cup of crumbs
½ teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon paprika
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon peper
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 eggs
Cooking spray


Preparation
1.     Pre heat oven to 420 degrees (used convection feature if you have it)
2.     Spray baking sheet well, with cooking spray
3.     Beat eggs in shallow dish
4.     Mix Pank crumbs and regular bread crumbs
5.     Mix garlic powder, paprika, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper to the Panko crumb mix and place in shallow pan
6.     Place all of shrimp in egg, toss and coat
7.     Remove 1 shrimp at a time from egg mixture (coating more then a few at a time will gunk up your crumbs, which you don’t want)
8.     Press shrimp into crumbs to get a good coating and place on baking sheep
9.     Spray tops of shrimp with additional cooking spray
10.  Bake shrimp  for 6-7 minutes, turn once, and bake for 3-4 more minutes until nicely brown.


Calories 220, Sodium 470 mg, Total Fat 3g, Potassium 0mg, Saturated fat 1g, Polyunsaturated 1g, Monounsaturated 1g, Trans 0g, Cholesterol 170mg, Total Carbs 18g, Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 0g, Protein 30g,

Seafood was a treat in my house. My birthday dinner always consisted of fried shrimp and mash potatoes. We had fried fish every Friday, and when we all started gaining too much weight we had broiled fish on Fridays. I enjoy seafood more then I enjoy meat, which is pretty obvious since I am a pescetarianism, a vegeterina that doesn’t eat meat, but does consume fish. I love fried shrimp, as I mentioned earlier, they are my favorite, but on my current diet I can not eat deep fried shrimp like I used to. I oven fried chicken, for friends, on a regular basis so I had the bright idea of oven frying shrimp. These babys came out so tender, juicey, flavorful, and delicious. If you are a seafood lover I’m pretty sure you will enjoy this recepie.
 REFERNCES:



You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *