Happy Abdominal Monday

/
0 Comments

Here are my weekly pictures… Enjoy 
 





*I think I finally got the hang of this ab thing. I exercise, I eat a lot of raw vegetables, I get all my protein from salmon, and I’m used to always being slightly hungry. I’ve been posting pictures of my abdominals for the last 60 days, and I have to say I’m proud of myself, and my progress. I went to Napa this weekend with my boyfriend, and got a little off of my diet, but I’m still pretty happy with my body. I think I finally figured out the recipe for success. I guess we will see if I really understand the what it takes to get my beloved abdominals. 







Targets: Abdominal, legs, arms, stability, balance


1. Place a chair just behind you and stand in front of it with feet about hip- or shoulder-width apart.
2. Contract the abs and keep them tight as you bend the knees and slowly squat towards the chair.
3. Keep the knees behind the toes as you sit down on the chair
4. As soon as your butt touches the chair, pulse up and down 4 times.
5. Contract the glutes and hamstrings to lift up out of the chair and begin extending the legs.
6. Fully extend the legs until you're back to standing position.
7. Always keep the knees in line with the toes!


Squats are one of the best lower body exercises around. They are multi-joint exercised that targets all the muscles of the hips, glutes, and thighs. Chair squats are great for beginners, and anyone with knee problems or for those who are overweight and need more support. The core muscles are the first to be engaged, and the last to be disengaged in each repetition. The lower back muscles, erector spinae muscles, and the abdominal muscles, are the core muscles working during a chair squat to maintain an upright position as your life. They also give you balance and stability throughout the exercise and in day-to-day activities. 

I love squats, I took the 200 squat challenge a few months ago, and it totally reshaped my lower body, and also helped toned my core. I hope you also enjoy these chair squats with pulses. 

References


You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *