Confessions Friday

/
0 Comments
 
    Happy Friday to everyone!

Confession
I ate half of a loaf of low fat banana nut bread in 3 days. When I was growing up when we had extra bananas we made banana nut bread. It became a family tradition and we had home made banana nut bread at least once a month. I had some bananas lying around the house that were extra ripe, so I figured I would keep the tradition going and make banana bread. I found a wonderfully delicious low fat recipe that I shared with everyone on Wednesday. That banana nut bread is dangerous. It is so moist so gooey it calls to me in the middle of the night. I have consumed over half of the loaf, and there are about 3 more pieces that I know I will put away by end of day today

As much as I want to beat myself up about it I needed a break from my current diet. My diet works! Limiting my calorie intake, eating an absurd amount of raw vegetables everyday, consuming at least 6-8oz of salmon a day and drinking 6-8 bottles of water a day keeps me very happy with my body. But all work and no play makes Mary a sad girl. This banana nut bread was a break from my normal calorie barren diet. I’m happy I made it, and happy I’m consuming it.

You know my motto:
Eat good 80% of the time, Eat bad 20% of the time

Confession
I used to work out at least 6-7 days a week. I am now only exercising 4-5 days a week and my body seems to like it much better. If I don’t work out everyday I feel like I’m going to wake up 300 pounds again. I realize I have a warped body image, and I’m constantly working on getting myself into a healthy mindset. By letting my body rest I can see a lot more results then I used to. I’m not as tired as I usually am, and I’m a lot more excited to work out then ever. I don’t want to get burnt out, and if I keep this up my passion for sweating isn’t going anywhere any time soon.

Every morning the very first thing I do is stare at my abdominals. I check to see if I look as good as I did yesterday, if I look flabby, or if I look ripped. It’s a habit that’s hard to break. Lately my abdominals have been looking slim, sexy, and muscular. I’ve been consuming banana bread, and only working out 4-5 days a week these last 2 weeks, and my body has a positive effect to my new routine. I’m always looking to shake things up, to create different habits so I don’t get bored with my routines. I think I hit the jack pot, and I’m going to keep moving forward and posting my progress.

Fyi: Banana nut bread is not part of my new routine…

You just peeked into my soul. I like being human, because I’m allowed to be un-perfect, I’m allowed flaws and mistakes, I’m allowed to take a break from my strict diet, and crazy workout routine­­. As much as I love being in shape, I also realize it is not the end all of be all.


This is a never-ending journey that I signed up for. Thanks for coming long for the ride.




You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *