Happy Friday

/
0 Comments
  -->
T.G.I.F
Confession

I went to the 49ers Draft party yesterday and avoided all the greasy, fried, junk food. 


I am blessed to have a connection with the 49ers that allows me to go to some of their parties and events. Yesterday, I attended a draft party in San Jose. There were a lot of fans excited and having fun, and of course there was a lot of food, some fruit, but mostly greasy fried foods that would truly mess up my current eating plan. I made sure I ate before I left my house, so I my hunger wouldn’t tempt me. When I arrived my Best Friend went straight for the food, and I nicely sipped on water. It always helps when you hang out with like-minded people. My BFF is an actress that has to stay in-shape 365 days a year, so she wasn’t chopping down on anything bad, mostly fruit, cheese, crackers, and a pulled pork slider. I had a grape or two and sipped on my water until we decided it was time to leave. I’m super proud of myself, a different Mary would have raided that food stands, looking for something greasy to consume. I think I’m getting the hang of refraining from event overeating.

Confession
I am trying to figure out what I want to obtain a degree in.


I went to school for Graphic Design when I graduated from High School. It was a wonderful college experience, and I truly loved Graphic Design in my 20s. Now that I’m in my 30s I realize that my interests have shifted and I am ready for a new challenge and chapter in my life. I think I made the decision to obtain a BA in Nutritional Science. I want to work in Fitness for the rest of my life, but being a Personal Trainer isn’t so sexy after a certain age. I plan on teaching different fitness classes Zumba, Boot camps, Sets and Reps, and Kick Boxing, but in the long run I would like to educate people about proper nutrition. I’m still on the fence with my decision.  I’m excited to go back to school, write papers again, do homework, and sit in 3-4 hours classes. Well maybe I’m not excited about all that stuff, but I am excited to start learning again. I just have to figure out the best path for me.    

You just peeked into my soul. I like being human, because I’m allowed to be un-perfect, I’m allowed flaws and mistakes, I’m allowed to take a break from my strict diet, and crazy workout routine­­. As much as I love being in shape, I also realize it is not the end all of be all.



This is a never-ending journey that I signed up for. Thanks for coming long for the ride.



You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *