Confessions Friday

/
0 Comments

Happy Friday to you! 
Happy Friday to you! 

Confession
This week I exercised at a gym. It was great, tons of equipment, not many people, and they even had a steam room. I was able to complete my workouts and try out some new techniques.

I usually hate exercising in front of people. It helped that I was in Vacaville, my home town in Northern California, they aren’t flashy or over important in Vacaville, it’s just everyday people trying to live there lives to the fullest. Young men watched me as I tortured myself with Kettle Bells, but no one approached me, no one made any comments about my technique, or tried to make irrelevant small talk. I’m not going to join a gym when I get home, but I did enjoy my time at InShape
Sports.


Confession
I spent a week with my mother…

I love my Mother, we haven’t always seen eye to eye, but as I get older we are both putting forth a honest effort to continue to build our relationship. She’s very beautiful and loves exercising just as much as I do. My Mom and Dad got a divorce in 2001, the year after I graduated from high school. I’m still a little heart broken, but everyone else seems to have moved on. My father moved back to his hometown of Maryland, and married his high school sweetheart. My sister moved to Maryland to be closer to my dad. My mother brought a house, a sexy sports car, but she’s hasn’t been on a date since the divorce. She had a recent schedule shift at her job, and now, after 10 years, she has to work late shifts getting off anywhere from 6pm to 8pm. I don’t like her coming home to a lonely, quiet, cold house, so I decided to spend the week with her, spoil her, cook her dinner, and cuddle. It was a wonderful week, we talked, laughed, gossiped, and relaxed. I cooked a few healthy meals, which I could tell she truly appreciated it. I’m going home today, but I had a wonderful time hanging out with my Mother this week.



You just peeked into my soul. I like being human, because I’m allowed to be un-perfect, I’m allowed flaws and mistakes, I’m allowed to take a break from my strict diet, and crazy workout routine­­. As much as I love being in shape, I also realize it is not the end all of be all.




This is a never-ending journey that I signed up for. Thanks for coming long for the ride.



You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *