Challenge Tuesday!!

/
3 Comments
 
Today is Challenge Tuesdays….
Are you ready for a challenge???

2 weeks ago I challenged you to complete a 30-minute walk everyday. I enjoyed exploring my neighborhood and visiting with all the local dogs. Are you ready for this weeks challenge???

My last few challenges have all been focused on getting your heart rate elevated. This week I want to focus on getting you out of your comfort zone.
I officially challenge you to
attend one new fitness class this week 

There are a lot of fitness classes out there. Some are free and some are expensive. I took a Krava Magra class with my life coaching client a few months ago. It was a free class and we both thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. We never went back but I’m happy we both stepped outside of our comfort zone and tried something new. 

This week I plan on going rock climbing. I have always wanted to rock climb but I constantly make excuses to get out of it.
·       I don’t have the right clothes
·       I’ll look stupid
·       I don’t have the right shoes
·       What if I fall
·       What if I’m not strong enough
·       I don’t know anybody
·       I’m scared

This week I’m throwing away all excuses and creating new and exciting experiences for myself.
While loosing weight I realized making myself uncomfortable assisted in my success. When I completed exercises I was comfortable with, I didn’t check my form, or remember to breath properly, I just pumped out as many reps as I needed and walked away.

Realizing I wasn’t working hard enough was easy
Realizing I was the only person that could change myself was hard
Actually changing seemed impossible.

We are ruled by habits. We do thing the same way every time because its comfortable. The issue in staying safely in your comfort zone creates psychological barriers that can lead to real limitations, says author and speaker Denis Waitley

“When we don’t do anything dynamic in a long time we start to think we can’t.”
William J Hall, M.D., director of the Center for healthy Aging at University of Rochester Medical Center, “When you start something new, particularly in the creative area, its just like a whack on the side of the head to your brain”


Here are some class suggestions to get your out of your comfort zone:

Zumba!
Zumba is a very excited dance party atmosphere full of Latin and international music. They say you will forget your working out with all the sexy but simple dance moves, and you don't even need previous dance experience. 

TRX
TRX Suspension Training is a revolutionary total-body fitness program that uses gravity against the your own bodyweight to develop strength, balance, flexibility and core stability.

Cross Fit
Crossfit is a strength and conditioning system built on constantly varied if not randomized functional movements executed at high intensity. 

Rock Climbing
Rock climbing is an activity in which participants climb up, down or across natural rock formations or artificial rock walls. 

Bar Method
The Bar Method Workout creates a uniquely lean, firm, sculpted body by combining the muscle-shaping principles of isometrics, the body-elongating practice of dance conditioning, the science of physical therapy and the intense pace of interval training into a powerful exercise format that quickly and safely reshapes and elongates muscles. 

Pilates
Pilates is a method of body conditioning based on using positioning and gravity to work the muscles

Yoga
Yoga is a form of exercise that uses slow movement and stretching. It is good for increasing flexibility and balance. It is also good for relieving stress and relaxing. 

Bikram Yoga
Bikram Yoga is a system of yoga that Bikram Choudhury synthesized from traditional hatha yoga techniques. Bikram Yoga sessions run for exactly 90 minutes and consist of a set series of 26 postures while in a room heated to 105 degrees, and 40% humidity. 

Spinning
Indoor cycling classes for a non-impact, highly effective way to build cardiovascular strength and endurance

Water Aerobics
Water aerobics exercises force the body to continuously move to keep its balance and your head above water. Moving in the water engages more muscle fibers because of the water’s consistent resistance. This helps tones your body as well as keep your heart rate up, while developing cardiovascular endurance and help work your muscles with out punishing joints and bones. 

Martial Arts
The martial arts are codified systems and traditions of combat practices, which were practiced for a variety of reasons: Self-defense, competition, physical health, and fitness as well as mental, physical, and spiritual development. 

Self Defense
Self Defense are selected techniques and methods to create a program that is designed to keep you safe. 

Krav Maga
Krav Maga is a non competitive tactical self-defense system developed in Israel that consists of a wide combination of techniques sourced from boxing, Muay Thai, Wing Chung, Judo, jiu-jitsu, wrestling, and grappling along with realistic fight training.


I challenge you to push yourself attend one new fitness class this week 

Good Luck! 

Share your experiences with all of us!


Always listen to your body, if any exercise causes too much impact stop right away. 

REFERENCES:







You may also like

3 comments:

  1. Superb blog, very informative content, thanks for sharing here. If you are looking movers and packers in Delhi for shift your home or office, one place to another place then contact us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Blog! Thanks for sharing informative content for readers.Its very useful for us, must read for magento website development company in India

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *