Happy Hump Day Recipes

/
0 Comments

  I am on a mission to cook, edit, and consume low calorie recipes at least two to three times a week. 




Banana Bread
 
 

Ingredients

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 egg
1/2 cup light mayonnaise
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon cinnamon
you can also add 1/3 cup of nuts if desired  

Preparation
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  2. Grease and flour a  9x5-inch loaf pan
  3. Whisk flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt together in a bowl 
  4. Beat the egg in a mixing bow
  5. Whisk in mayonnaise, bananas, and vanilla extract until evenly mixed
  6. Stir in flour mixture until no lumps remain
  7. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan
  8. Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 45 miutes
  9. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack
Calories 171 Fat 1.3g, Protein 2.5g; Carb 38.1g, Fiber 1.2g, Chol 18mg; 
sodium 398mg,


I eat bananas on a daily bases, but sometimes they ripen faster then I can consume them. I absolutely love deserts, they are hard to turn down, and hard to walk away from. I found a super simple low fat banana bread recipe to share with everyone. The bread came out moist, sweet, and delicious. I was a little nervous about using light mayo, but I could not tell the difference. The low fat mayonnaise is the substitute for butter, and cuts the fat and cholesterol count in half. I also added some cinnamon, which gave the bread even more flavor. I controlled myself last night and only had one piece, but I can't wait to tear into it today.


You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *