Nuts about Nuts

/
0 Comments
Hi friends,
I'm not feeling so well today, not sure what happened but I've been coughing up yucky stuff for the past 2 days. The rest of me feels fine, actually great, but all the coughing has really took a toll on my throat, it's super sore. I've been snacking on my homemade cough drops and generously smearing my herbal vapor rub all over my chest. We take off for New Orleans on Wednesday, I'm praying I'm back to my normal spunky self by then.
 
This weeks nutrition challenge was to eat at least one serving of nuts everyday this week. Of course I have to share some nut facts with you guys because that's what I love to do.
 
Enjoy
 

NUTS ABOUT NUTS

ALMONDS

almonds
  • Lower LDL-Cholesterol and reduce your risk of heart disease
  • Protection against diabetes and cardiovascular disease
  • High in antioxidant
  • Improves blood fats
  • Provide heart healthy benefits
  • Can help you loss weight
  • Lowers the risk of weight gain -people who eat nuts at least twice a week are less likely to gain weight than those who rarely eat nuts
  • Good source of manganese, copper, vitamin b2
  • Helps prevent gallstones 

CASHEWS

cashews
  • Keeps your heart healthy
  • Keeps blood pressure under control
  • Reduced risk of cancer
  • Good source of protein
  • Good for teeth and gums
  • Long-lasting energy
  • Improves Vitality
  • Improves Blood
  • Heart friendly
  • Protect Eyes
  • Promotes weight loss
  • Loaded with magnesium
  • Rich in copper for hair and skin health
  • Contains heart healthy monounsaturated fats

PEANUTS

peanuts3
  • Rich in natural energy
  • Lowers bad cholesterol and increases good cholesterol in body
  • Contains monounsaturated fatty acids that can prevent coronary disease
  • Rich in protein
  • Fights stomach cancer
  • Fights against heart disease, nerve disease, alzheimer’s and infections
  • Reduces chances of strokes
  • Contains antioxidants
  • Protects skin from free radicals
  • Rich in vitamins and minerals
  • 1 ounce of peanuts or two tablespoons of peanut butter each week can save you from gall stones or gallbladder disease 
  • Peanuts can reduce colon cancer especially in women 
  • Helps fertility
  • Regulates blood sugars
  • fights depression

PECANS

pecans
  • Improves cardiovascular health
  • Improves digestive health
  • Promotes colon health and regular bowel movements
  • Helps weight loss
  • Reduces the risk of breast cancer
  • Improves bone and teeth health
  • Has anti-inflammatory benefits
  • Reduces blood pressure
  • Reduces risk of stroke
  • Has anti-cancer properties
  • Strengthens immune system
  • Prevents skin issues
  • Helps maintain clean complexion
  • Has Anti-aging benefits
  • Stimulates hair growth
  • prevents hair loss

PISTACHIO

pistachios
  • Pistachios are know as a super food
  • Pistachios can help reduce bad cholesterol and increase good cholesterol
  • Strengthens nerves making the heart stronger
  • Has anti-inflammation properties
  • 60% of the daily required phosphorous is in one cup of pistachios which can prevent type-2 diabetes
  • If eaten daily pistachios can increase the oxygen quantity in the blood and increase hemoglobin count 
  • Antioxidants found in pistachios (lutein and Zeaxanthin) fight free radicals that cause muscular degeneration and eye disease
  • Boosts immunity
  • Helps maintain brain health
  • Enhances skin
  • Has anti-ageing properties
  • Can prevent cancers and infections by increasing white blood cells
  • Improves vision
  • Maintains healthy skin
  • Gives skin natural glow
  • Fights aging
  • Stimulates hair growth
  • Fights hair loss

WALNUTS

walnuts1
  • Reduce the risk of breast cancer
  • Packed with omega-3 fatty acids
  • Reduce risk of diabetes
  • Contain antioxidants at boost heat health
  • Can help deal with stress and anxiety 
  • Cancer-fighting properties
  • Heart healthy
  • Contain rare and powerful antioxidants
  • Helps with weight control
  • Improve reproductive health in men
  • Supports brain health
  • Rich in omega-3 fats
  • Enhances cognitive and motor function in aging
  • Great for complexions and skin issues
  • Can reduce the risk of diabetes

Peace & Love,
Mary

facts found at: 
www.stylecraze.com, www.wiki.comcom, www.sfgate.com, www.selfmagazine.com , www.shapemagazine.com
 

 


You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *