Benefits of Raw Food

/
0 Comments
Hi Friends,
Today I’m flying home which means I had 5 hours to compose this post… not sure if that’s a good thing or a bad thing. I’ve been doing my best to keep most posts short and sweet, that is unless I have some serious information to share with all of you.
 
I had an awesome time in Florida but I’m ready to get home and get back to my normal routine. The gym, Bikram yoga and my Nutra-Bullet is calling my  name. I can’t wait to get in a good sweat tomorrow. I’m not sure if I’m going to the gym or taking a yoga class. I’m thinking gym time will win, but you never know, I need a good stretch more than anything right now.
 
This weeks Nutrition Challenge is to add more raw foods into your diet on a daily basis. Of course I need to share the benefits of consuming more raw foods.
 
Definition of Raw Food:
Think uncooked, unprocessed, mostly organic foods. Your staples: raw fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, and sprouted grains. Some eat unpasteurized dairy foodsraw eggs, meat, and fish. Your food can be cold or even a little bit warm, as long as it doesn't go above 118 degrees - found at wiki
 
Processed with Moldiv

There are several benefits of adding more raw foods to your diet, but I don’t want to overload you with facts. Here are a few  that stood out to me
 

EATING RAW FOOD CAN:

  • Decrease your need for sleep
  • Decrease your risk of cancer
  • Improve skin complexion, decrease acne and wrinkles
  • Aid in weight loss
  • Increase concentration, energy and mental stability
  • Help with weight loss
  • Improve Asthma symptoms
  • Improve Arthritis symptoms
  • Aid with thyroid issues
  • Ease menopause symptoms
  • Improve diabetes issues
  • Help with infertility - source
That was easy enough!
Tomorrow I'm sharing a day in the life of (my) raw diet. I'm pretty excited about this upcoming post
Peace & Love,
Mary


You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *