Daylight Saving Facts

/
0 Comments
Happy Friday!!!
I love Fridays, love them, love them, LOVE THEM! I work from home but at my last place of employment Fridays were always the hardest for me. I would come in late, hardly work, then find excuses to leave early. Thank God my boss was understanding, that and the fact that I was highly productive Monday through Thursday so I never got in trouble for my Friday shenanigans. 
This weekend is day light savings, we spring forward so our days will be longer and the nights will be shorter, which means more fun in the sun in my world. I loath daylight savings, it takes a few months for my body and my mind to adjust and by the time I get comfortable its time to change the clocks again. Rumor has it some states opt out of this clock changing silliness, how does that work? Today I'm sharing some, unknown to me, facts about day light savings, why we do it, why some states don't do it, and so on and so forth. 
I've been itching to do some DIY projects, be on the look out for some fun, easy crafting adventures sooner rather than later. 

DAYLIGHT SAVING FACTS

Benjamin Franklin first proposed daylight savings time, yet it was not used in the US for more than a century after his proposal

Unknown

Daylight savings time got its first widespread use during World War 1. 

In 1916 Germany put itself on a daylight saving time to conserve energy for the war, Britain quickly followed. 

When the US joined the war in 1918 it instituted daylight saving time

After World War 1, based on complaints from farmers Congress discontinued Daylight saving time

Victory-Cigar-Congress-Passes-DST
Daylight saving time was reintroduced during World War II to save energy for the war

States that do not observe day light savings:
Arizona
Hawaii
American Samoa
Guam
Puerto Rico
Virgin Islands
Indiana (some parts)

tzmap-namerica

Daylight savings has mixed effects on people’s health
Transition into and out of DST can disturb people’s sleeping patterns

There’s a spike in heart attacks during the first week of daylight savings, loss of an hour’s sleep may make people more susceptible than attack, experts say. When daylight saving time ends in the fall, heart attacks become less frequent than usual

Researches have found DST reduces lethal car crashes and pedestrian strikes since people are safer drivers during daylight hours

In 2005 Kazakhstan abolished daylight saving time citing negative health effects. The county’s government calculated 51.6% of their population responded badly to time change
Unknown-1
Many other contours observe daylight savings time, but not all do so on the same day. This creates confusion for international travelers, business communications, and more - facts found at health.usnews.com

Enjoy your weekend,
Peace & Love
Mary 



You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *