Challenge Monday

/
0 Comments

FITNESS CHALLENGE 

I CHALLENGE YOU TO COMPLETE MY OBLIQUES ON FIRE EVERYDAY THIS WEEK

WHY WHY WHY 

  • Oblique muscles (side abdominals) allow you to bend and twist torso
  • Strong obliques support the lower back and can eliminate back pain
  • Strengthening obliques can improve posture and slim your waist

MATERIALS

  • Just yourself

DIRECTIONS

OBLIQUE KILLERS 

2 rounds - beginner
3 rounds - intermediate
5 rounds - advanced


Squats with leg lifts - 10 reps each leg
Standing side crunches - 10 reps each leg
Twist and reach - 10 reps each leg
Side plank raises - 10 reps each side
Slow crunch circles - 10 reps 

MY TAKE 

I'm obsessed with keeping my stomach as flat as possible, that means working my entire core, not just my lower or upper abdominals. My obliques develop quick and is one of my favorite muscles to exercise. This routine isn't as taxing as last week but it still gets the job done. 

NUTRITION CHALLENGE
Processed with Moldiv

WHY WHY WHY 

  • Olive oil and coconut oil are the  healthiest vegetable oils
  • Adding olive, coconut, or sesame seed oil to your beauty regiment can provide positive benefits to your skin, hair, and nails
  • Olive and Coconut oil can help prevent breast cancer, aid in weight loss, boosts metabolism, aids digestion, can prevent gallstones, reduce heart problems, reduces bad cholesterol levels and much much more

MATERIALS

  • Purchase extra virgin olive oil, coconut oil, sesame oil, flaxseed oil

DIRECTION

  • Consume 1 to 2 tbsp healthy oils everyday this week
  • Replace butter intake with healthy vegetable, coconut, and seed oils 
  • Put it on bread, in salad dressing, fish, sauté vegetables, add to pasta 
  • FDA recommends replacing saturated fats, such as butter, with olive oil 

MY TAKE

I never indulged in heart healthy oils like olive oil until I met my boyfriend over 5 years ago. Not only is it tasty but healthy oils have numerous benefits from cancer prevention to hydrating skin. I can't wait to put together this weeks handy fact sheet on this subject.

SELF IMPROVEMENT

Processed with Moldiv

I CHALLENGE YOU TO 

SPEND SOME TIME ALONE EVERYDAY THIS WEEK


CHALLENGE SYNOPSIS

  • Benefits of being alone
  • Solitude allows you to unwind and reboot your brain
  • Improves concentration
  • Increase productivity
  • gives you an opportunity to discover yourself and find your own voice
  • Can enhance the quality of your relationship with others
  • Allow you to disconnect 

MATERIALS

  • Just yourself

DIRECTIONS

  • Turn off all electronic devices, phone, iPad, computer, tv... (optional)
  • Spend 5 minutes ALONE, reading, thinking, meditating, really doing anything you would like 

MY TAKE 

I've always liked spending time by myself, it's easier than being around people. When I'm by myself I don't have to explain my actions to anyone, I don't have to worry about my appearance or control my bodily functions. I can let one rip and no one is the wiser. Turning off my phone and disconnecting from the world will help me to reconnect with myself. Doing this once a day for just 5 minutes a day everyday this week will be a challenge for me, I can't wait to see what happens. 


XOXO, 

MARY 










You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *