Mary's Chicken Noodle Soup

/
0 Comments
Hi Friends
I'm keeping this post short and sweet which is fun for all parties involved. My schedule was all turned around because The boyfriend is sick. For the pass few days he's been coughing and tired, that has manifested itself into a full blown cold. No bikram yoga for me, no Easter egg demos, I spent the day cooking soup and tending to my man. My chicken noodle soup turned out so good I had to feature it today. Sadly I didn't take many pictures because I wasn't planing on sharing this recipe but it was too good to keep to myself. I made the recipe up so it's an Evolve With Mary Original, I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

MARY'S CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP

Processed with Moldiv
1 cup whole wheat pasta 
1 medium zucchini, cut in small cubes
2 medium carrots - roughly chopped
1/2 cup small potatoes or cubed potatoes
3 stalks celery - roughly chopped 
1 pd organic chicken thighs - boneless, skinless
1 small leek - roughly chopped
1-1/2 tbsp chicken or beef bouillon powder
sea salt & pepper to taste
1 bay leaf
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tsp white pepper
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp onion powder 
2 pinches of truffle salt (optional)

Heat large dutch oven on medium-medium high, add 1 tbsp olive oil 
Rinse and cut excess fat off chicken, pat dry, season well with salt and pepper 
Place chicken in heated dutch oven
Cook chicken 6-8 minutes on each side, chicken should be crispy and well done 
Remove chicken from pan 
Add leeks and cook for 3-5 minutes until translucent 
Make sure to scrape sides of dutch oven for all the stuck on chicken bits, that's flavor baby!
Add carrots, celery, zucchini to leeks and cook for 5 more minutes 
Add 3 cups water to vegetables, chicken or beef bouillon powder, garlic powder, onion powder, white pepper, bay leaf, salt and pepper to taste 
Bring mixture to a boil
Shred chicken and add to soup
Add potatoes and cook with lid on for 15 minutes 
Remove lid and add pasta to soup, cook for another 15 minutes or until pasta is al dente
Devour right away!
Peace & Love, 
Mary 








You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *