Natural Egg Dye

/
0 Comments
Hi Friends
 
Last week didn't turn out as expected  on the exercise front. I wasn't inspired to push myself and ended up taking 2 days off and only 1 day of cardio. As much as I want to beat myself up I know that's not going to solve anything. This week I'm hitting it hard, no excuses, just hard work. The Boyfriend was sick all last week so that could have been what affected my workout plan, whatever it was I'm over it and ready to kick this weeks booty.
 

I'm being sneaky this week, I have a lot of things planed but I can't share them with Tony so I'll share everything with you guys. I'm going to organize our kitchen, purchase and set up a vanity, and give the house a much-needed cleaning. When we moved into our beautiful home we were balling on a budget, I never purchased the things we actually needed. We don't have matching sets of pots and pans, our drawers are random and unorganized and I can't even talk about our pantry, it's pretty pathetic. Tony takes off on Friday and the fub begins. I'm hoping to have most of the big items like my new vanity and a nice set of pots and pans already purchased and hiding in our storage closet. I'm sooo excited. I can't get these things done when Tony's around he moves to slow for me and is a serious procrastinator. I'm pretty bad ass when I do everything myself.

 
I'll keep you guys up to date on my plans, if you know me you know I'm going to throw a few DIY projects in there. I just can't wait.

Processed with Moldiv 

Last year I featured natural egg dye using colorful fruits and vegetables and received great responses, so i figured i would do it again. This time around i wasn't so successful.  I used ground espresso, beets, red cabbage, turmeric, curry, raspberries, and tea. The frist time around only 3 eggs absorbed the color. The espresso, cabbage, and curry/turmeric but the others came out as light tints. Then it dawned on me, i had to use vinegar as a base instead of water, so i did it again and am pretty thrilled about the outcome.
 

Processed with Moldiv

Instant espresso
Add 4-5 tbsp of espresso to 2 cups water
Boil egg for 10 minutes and allow to sit until you obtain desired color
 
Processed with Moldiv
Turmeric powder and curry powder - 2-3 tbsp of each
Add turmeric and curry water boil egg and allow to sit until you obtain desired color
 

Processed with Moldiv

Green tea - 5-10 bags of tea opened
Combine tea and 1-2 water and 1/2 cup of vinegar
Boil egg for 10 minutes and allow to sit until you obtain desired color
 

Processed with Moldiv

Small head of purple cabbage
Cut cabbage into chunks, add to 1-2 cups water and 1/2 cup vinegar
Boil egg for 10 minutes and allow to sit until you obtain desired color
 
Processed with Moldiv
Cut beets into chunks, add to 1-2 cups water and 1/2 cup vinegar
Boil egg for 10 minutes and allow to sit until you obtain desired color
 

XOXO,

MARY



You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *