Challenge Monday Nola Style

/
0 Comments

FITNESS CHALLENGE

JACKS AND SQUATS

WHY WHY WHY

  • Jumping Jacks & Squats work your entire body, raise your heart rate and challenge your endurance
  • This workout is quick and dirty just like I like it

MATERIALS

  • Just yourself

DIRECTIONS


Take as many breaks as needed
5 Jumping Jacks
5 Squats
10 Jumping Jacks
10 Squats
15 Jumping Jacks
15 Squats
20 Jumping Jacks
20 Squats
25 Jumping Jacks
25 Squats

MY TAKE

I'm in New Orleans the home of rich sauces, poboys, legal drinking in the street and a serious no sleep zone. I've been going to Bikram yoga almost everyday and trying to stay on track but sometimes that seems impossible. This routine gets your heart rate pumping fast and is over before you know it.

NUTRITION CHALLENGE

Processed with Moldiv

WHY WHY WHY

  • Green tea has numerous benefits, too many to list here, so here are a few that stand out to me
    • Excellent source of antioxidants 
    • Burns fat and enables you to exercise longer
    • Prolongs your life
    • Lowers stress and anxiety level
    • Boosts brain power
    • Reduces blood pressure
    • Prevents tooth decay and cures bad breath
    • Boosts your immunity against illnesses 
    • Rehydrates the body better than water  

MATERIALS

  • Green tea

DIRECTIONS

  • Drink at least two cups of green tea everyday this week

MY TAKE

Everyone knows the green tea trick right? Drink a few cups of green tea everyday reduce belly fat, feel fuller longer and lose weight, if only it were that simple. It seems easy enough and I even know a few people who have successfully lost a few pounds but I am not one of those people. This week I’m hoping to join the green tea movement. I’ll be sucking down at least 2 cups probably 4 cups and we shall see what the results are. 

SELF IMPROVEMENT CHALLENGE 

Processed with Moldiv

WHY WHY WHY

  • Breathing Practices are powerful and life changing
    • Decrease anxiety and depression
    • Increase happiness and optimism
    • Improve sleep
    • Strengthen our ability to regulate emotions
    • Improve trauma symptoms
    • Reduce impulsivity cravings and addictions
    • How does something as simple as breath have such a positive effect on you?
    • Breath is linked to our autonomic nervous system
    • Daily breathing practice activates the nervous system which is connect to resting and digestion and overall well-being

MATERIALS

  • Just Yourself

DIRECTIONS

Right before you drift off to sleep take 100… yes I said 100 deep breaths, slow and steady. You might not make it to 100, you might drift off to sleep before you hit 20 but try your best to take 100 deep breaths 

MY TAKE

I featured a breathing self-improvement challenge a few weeks ago and got a lot of great feedback. Here we go again, breathing techniques are some of my favorite challenges to feature. They are simple, you don’t need any special equipment to breath and there are many benefits from it. If you skipped my last breathing challenge jump on this one and tell me what you think. I’ve been focusing on taking 100 deep breaths before bed, sometimes I make it to 100 and some times I find myself drifting around 30. I noticed I’m a lot more relaxed, my mind isn’t flying around thinking about 1000 things, instead I get to concentrate on air entering and escaping my lungs. Try it out and let me know what you think. 

Peace & Love, 
Mary 


You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *