Not your Mom's Easter Eggs

/
0 Comments
Hi Friends,
I’m getting of to a late start this morning but sometimes that happens. All is well in my hood, I’m pretty excited to share these creative egg decorating tutorials with all of you, I really don’t have much else to say so lets jump in. 

EGG FACE

 Processed with Moldiv

What you need:
  • Pictures 
  • Tissue paper
  • Printer paper
  • Scissors
  • Tape
  • Clear drying glue
  • Paint brush
Processed with Moldiv
Processed with Moldiv
Processed with Moldiv
Processed with Moldiv
Processed with Moldiv

Pick out your picture
This was pretty easy for me, I wanted a fun head shot of myself making my signature silly faces

Cut tissue paper into 4s 
Try cutting along the creases to make printing easier

Table tissue paper to center of printer paper, make it as tight as possible 

Feed tissue paper-printer paper into printer and print picture
Do a few test runs to so what size you need to shrink your photo, I scaled mine down to 20% in my printer options and that worked for me.
Everything depends on the size of your eggs, sadly I had smaller eggs so I didn’t have much space to work with

Print
This was the hardest part for me, my black ink bled on most of my pictures but a few came out great

Pour glue into a paper cup or bowl

Carefully remove tissue from printer paper, CAREFULLY!!!
Remove any extra layers of tissue if needed 
You should have a very thin picture 

Cut tissue picture close to picture but not too close 

Using your paint brush, brush a thin layer of glue on egg
Carefully place you picture 
Seal edges of picture with glue and paint-brush

Allow to set for 10-15 minutes

Step 11
Enjoy!!!

SILK TIE DYED EGGS

Processed with Moldiv

What you need:
Silk ties - make sure that they are 100% silk
White fabric - pillow case, old t-shirt etc
vinegar
twist ties or rubber bands

Processed with Moldiv

Processed with Moldiv

Processed with Moldiv

Processed with Moldiv

Processed with Moldiv

Processed with Moldiv
The eggs will not be perfect and it looks pretty cool 

I purchased a few silk ties from the thrift store, they were only $1.50 and some of the ugliest ties I’ve ever seen!

Flip ties over and cut down center to open them up
Remove/cut out the lining of tie

Place 1-1/2 cup water and 1/2 cup vinegar in deep pot and bring it to a boil

Place raw egg on the wide part of your tie, you don’t need the entire tie so you can cut it just make sure to leave enough to fully wrap the egg

Lay egg on the color side so colors will easily transfer to egg

Wrap egg tight and secure it with rubber band or twist ties
*Make sure tie fabric comes in contact with entire egg

Wrap them in white fabric and secure again with rubber band or twist ties

Carefully place eggs in boiling water and boil for 10 minutes

Once done boiling allow eggs to cool,
Then unwrap and see whats inside!

That’s all today folks!
XOXO
MARY 


You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *