DIY Raw Vegan Cashew Milk

/
0 Comments
Hi Friends,

Today we are making Raw Vegan Cashew Milk. I've been dying to try to make nut milks for a while, since regular milk just doesn't rub my stomach the right way. 

Why did I choose cashew milk instead of almond milk, you ask?? Because I don't have to strain cashew milk true cheesecloth. I plan on tackling almond milk next week, so stay tuned for that recipe. 

As mentioned before, regular cows milk just doesn't rub my tummy the right way. It tastes yummy going in, but it gives me the worst gas I've ever smelt coming out. Since I live with my boyfriend I pay attention to foods that make me gassy and milk is on the top of that list. 

I use almond milk in my smoothies every morning, but I'm getting tired of purchasing it every week. Why not make it myself? 

Benefits of Consuming Cashew Milk

  • Cashews are lactose free
  • Homemade Cashew Milk has 190 calories, 10g carbs, 6g protein, 15g fat 
  • 1 cup of Cashew Milk contains 15% daily value of Vitamin K
  • Vitamin K aids in blood clotting and building strong bones
  • 1 cup of Cashew Milk contains 13% daily value of Iron
  • Iron helps carry oxygen in red blood cells and supports your immune system
  • 1 cup of Cashew Milk contains 25% daily value of Magnesium
  • Magnesium helps produce energy and synthesizes protein 


Raw Vegan Cashew Milk


1/2 cup raw cashews
Water
Sweetener - raw maple syrup grade b, agave nectar or honey
Dash of sea salt
Dash of Cinnamon 

Cover raw cashew with water and allow to soak for at least 1 hour (more is better if you have the time)


Drain and rinse




Place soaked cashews and 2 cups water into blender or food processor and process until smooth, at least one full minute

Add a dash of raw sweetener to taste ,I used honey

You can use more or less water to vary the thickness of your raw cashew milk depending on your personal preference
In general you want a 1:4 ratio of cashews to water

You can also strain your milk but you really don't need to


This stuff tastes great!! I'm never buying nut milk again. 


I got this cool bottles and chalk board labels from Cost Plus World Market, only $5.99. I plan on using it for a while. 


That's All Today Folks
Blessings
Mary 

References:



You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *