Happy Roasting

/
0 Comments
Here are a some of my favorite roasting recipes. The cauliflower is killer. I plan on serving it at my next dinner party. Make sure your eating Roasted vegetables this week.


Spicy Whole Roasted Cauliflower

1 tbs Olive Oil
1 Head Cauliflower
1-1/2 cups Plain Greek Yogurt
Juice from 1 lime
2 tbs Chile Powder
1 tbs Cumin
1 tbs Garlic Powder
1 tps Curry Powder
2 tps sea salt
1 tps black pepper

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F

Lightly grease a  small baking pan, roasting pan, or cast iron skillet; set aside


Trim base of cauliflower to remove any green leaves and woody stems


In medium bowl combine the yogurt with lime juice, chile powder, cumin, garlic powder, curry powder, salt, and pepper



Drunk cauliflower into bowl and use your hands to smear the marinade evenly over its surface



Place cauliflower in the prepared pan and roast until the surface is dry and lightly brown, 30 to 40 minutes



Let cauliflower cool for 10 minutes before cutting it into wedges



The marinade makes an savory crust on the surface of the cauliflower


Recipe found on www.purewow.com



Roasted Okra

1 pound whole okra
Olive Oil 
Sea salt
Pepper
Fresh herbs and spices 

Preheat over to 375 degrees F


Wash okra throughly



Season with salt, pepper, and spices



Lightly coat with olive oil




Arrange okra in pre-oiled cookie sheet, roasting pan, or cast iron skillet



Make sure not to crowd vegetables



Rotate/turn okra while cooking



Bake for 30-40 minutes, until brown on all sides 





Roasted Eggplant

1 medium sized eggplant
Olive oil
Sea Salt
Pepper
Fresh herbs and spicy


Preheat over to 375 degrees F

Wash Eggplant throughly

Slice Eggplant evenly, I used a mandolin slicer 

Season with salt, pepper, and spices

Lightly brush each side of eggplant slices with olive oil

Arrange eggplants in pre-oiled cookie sheet, roasting pan, or cast iron skillet

Make sure not to crowd vegetables

Rotate pan while cooking

Bake for 30-40 minutes, until brown on all sides,

Enjoy 

That's All Today Folks
Blessings,
Mary 





You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *