Challenge Monday

/
0 Comments
Today is Challenge Monday and I'm pretty excited about this weeks challenges. 

LETS GO!!!

Fitness Challenge

I challenge you to complete my 10 minute total body toning workout

Challenge Synopsis
  • Complete my 10 minute full body toning workout featured below **at your own risk
  • Always focus on form rather than speed
  • Complete each exercise at a slow and steady pace **No rushing
  • Rest when you need it and always go before your ready
Why Why Why
  • Who doesn't love toned legs
  • Shorts and skirts are getting shorter and shorter this season
  • You might not have an hour to workout but almost everyone has 10 minutes
Materials
  • Endurance
  • Strength
  • Will Power
  • A Never Give Up Attitude
Directions

10 minute Total Body Toning workout
Complete each exercise 8-10reps, 3xs each 
Stretch before this routine
Always warm up your body before completing any exercise routine

X Out

Targets - Entire Body & Endurance 
  • Start in plank position, hands under shoulders, abdominals engaged
  • Simultaneously lift right leg and right hand 2-3 inches to the right
  • Hold plank position for 2 beats
  • Simultaneously lift left leg and left hand 2-3 inches to the left
  • That's one rep
  • Complete 8-10 reps, 3xs

Fly Away

Targets - Shoulders,  Back, Balance, Abs, Butt, and Legs
  • Stand with feet together, both hands at sides
  • Hinge forward simultaneously lifting your right leg straight back, squeezing your glutes 
  • As you raise extended arms in front of you until body from hands to right heel is parallel to ground
  • Hold for 2 counts, lower arm and right leg without touching right foot down 
  • That's one rep
  • Complete 8-10 reps on each side, 3xs

Up Side Down Crunch

Targets Abs
  • Start in plank position
  • Tip tailbone up, slightly arching your back  
  • Tuck pelvis under, reversing arch, flatting your back 
  • Hold contraction for 5 counts
  • That's one rep
  • Complete 8-10 reps, 3xs

Duck Squats

Targets - Butt, Inner Thighs, Calves
  • Stand with feet shoulder width apart, toes turned at 45 degrees
  • Lower into pile squat 
  • While in squat, lift heels as high as you can off ground for one count
  • **To make it easier lift one heel at a time
  • Lower heels and raise halfway to standing, then lower
  • That's one rep
  • Complete 8-10 reps, 3xs

Side Crunch with Toe Touch

Targets - Entire body and Endurance

  • Stand straight placing all your weight on right leg
  • Lift your left leg to a 90 degree angle, while bring elbow down 
  • Touch elbow and knee
  • Return to starting position 
  • Reach down with left hand and touch right toe
  • Return back to starting positions 
  • That's on rep
  • Complete 8-10 reps, 3xs 
My Take
I'm always up for a quick workout. Sometimes I string together multiple 10 minute workouts to keep my body guessing and my workouts fun. These exercise are hard and exhausting but doable. They will challenge your entire body, while toning and shaping your arms, legs, butt, and core. Enjoy! You will thank me later. 

Nutrition Challenge

I challenge you to add more eggs to your everyday diet for the next 7 days

Challenge Synopsis 
  • Add more eggs to your diet for the next 7 days
  • Get creative and try different styles of eggs poached, boiled, scrambled, fried, or raw 

Why Why Why 
  • An egg a day may prevent mascular degeneration due to the carotenoid content
  • One egg contains 6 grams of high-quality protein and all 9 essential amino acids
  • A regular consumption of eggs may help prevent blood clots, stroke, and heart attack
  • One egg yolk has about 300 micrograms of choline, a nutrient that helps regulate the brain, nervous system and cardio vascular system 
Materials
  • EGGS!
  • EGGS!!
  • EGGS!!!

Directions
  • Incorporate more eggs into your diet for the next 7 days
  • Have fun with it and try new egg recipes
  • I will be featuring some fun egg recipes this week 

My Take
I love love love eggs. Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day, so it makes sense. During Mother's Day weekend my Mother told me she started boiling eggs and only eating the egg white, she puts the egg yolk right down the drain.

As soon as I heard that I knew I had to do a blog posting about eggs. There are so many misperceptions about eggs, their nutritional value, the benefits of eating them, and the fact that egg yolk is full of "good cholesterol". I'll be taking about eggs all week. 

Self Improvement Challenge

I challenge you to plan a game night this week



Challenge Synopsis
  • Plan a game night with family or friends this weekend
  • Find old fashion board games that look entertaining and fun
Why Why Why 
  • Playing board games twice a week increased the brain speed scores of elementary students by 27-32%
  • Children and adults who play board games develop a stronger sense of creativity and inquisitiveness
  • Most people catalog their relationships with play as strong correlation between success and playful activities 
  • Playing board games can aid in developing self confidence and self esteem 
Materials
  • Friends
  • Boardgames
  • Prepare for a good night of fun and laughter
Directions
  • Call some friends, invite them over during the week or on the weekend
  • Pick up your favorite board game
  • PLAY, PLAY, PLAY
My Take
Growing up we had planed game nights multiple nights a week. Wednesday was board game night and Friday was unofficially TGIF sitcom night. My Dad, Sister, and I played spades, betting pennies until the wee hours of the morning. Some of my favorite memories are staying up late on a Friday nights, playing spades and laughing my little butt off. Or running home from school on Wednesdays anticipating game night. As I get older I like playing games more than ever. I hope this challenge inspires you to play games and spend some time with your friends and family. 


You got your challenges, Go forth and Complete them! 
I hope everyone has a great week!


That's All today Folks
Blessing Friends,
Mary 












You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *