Get Walking

/
0 Comments
This weeks fitness challenge is to walk so I tackled a few trails around my neighborhood. Gosh, I love living in the Bay Area, so many fun places to explore. 


Hawks Hill
Kirby Cove

Point Bonita Light House 


I hope all of you are getting out there and walking this week

Here are some fun walking facts to get you excited about walking




Walking is America favorite way to exercise
-
Walking is low impact on your joints which reduces your risk of injury
-
When you walk you land with a force 1 to 1-1/2 times your body weight
-
Women who walked briskly for up to an hour a day reduced their belly fat by 20% over 14 weeks, without changing their eating habits
-
Walking can lower your "LDL" bad cholesterol, lower blood pressure, and lower heart disease risk factors,  
-
Walking fills your brain with oxygen-rich blood, increasing the production of chemicals that improve memory attention and problem solving
-
A brisk 30 minute walk around a track three times a week is just as effective as anti-depressant medication in reliving the symptoms of major depression in middle age and elderly people


Walking helps you maintain a positive outlook and can make you look and feel younger
-
Walking 1 mile a day burns 100 calories. You can lose 10 pounds in a year without changing your eating habits
-
Women who average more than 10,000 steps a day had 40% less body fat
-
Walking at a modern pace 30 minutes a day can cut the risk of heart disease in women by as much as 40%
-
One hour of brisk walking everyday can cut a woman's risk of developing Type 2 diabetes in half
-
Women who walk in their 30s and 40s can reduce their risk of breast cancer
-
If you walk regularly, 3 or more times a week for 30 minutes, you can save up to $330 a year in heath care


The average city block is equivalent to 200 steps
-
One mile is about 2,000 steps or a 20 minute walk 
-
In a lifetime you will walk about 65,000 miles, that's 3xs around the earth 


That's All Today Folks!
Blessings, 
Mary 

References: 


You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *