Challenge Mondays

/
0 Comments

Fitness challenge

I challenge you to walk 


Challenge synopsis
  • Increase how much you walk this week
  • Take a walk after work
  • Take over dog-walking duty this week
  • Challenge your entire family to get out and walk with you
  • Recruit a few co-workers and walk during your lunch break
Why why why
  • Benefits of walking
    • Walking strengthens your heart
    • Walking lowers disease risk
    • Walking can help with weight control
    • Walking tones your legs, butt, and core
    • Walking boosts your vitamin D levels
    • Walking gives you energy 
    • Walking makes your happy

Materials

  • Walking shoes
  • A good Pandora station
  • Willpower & endurance

Directions

Walk! 
Walk!! 
Walk!!!




My take
There are over a dozen hiking trails sprinkled within a half of a mile of my home. I try to hike about 3-4 times a month, but it's still not enough.

It's nice to disconnect from your phone, tv, and the normal distraction and reconnect with nature. I hope you guys enjoy this weeks challenge 

Nutrition Challenge

I challenge you to roast your vegetables this week

Challenge Synopsis

  • You should already be eating 3-4 serving of vegetables a day, which is hard for the average American to accomplish
  • By roasting vegetables you are able to retain the most important nutrients in the vegetables
  • Roasting is easier then most people think, check out the directions below 

Why why why

  • Roasting preserves flavor and important nutrients in the vegetable 
  • The process of roasting brings out the natural sweetness and intensifies the natural flavors of the vegetables
  • Roasted vegetables come out browned, caramelized, and crispy 
Materials
  • Common Vegetables to Roast
    • Carrots
    • Zucchini
    • Yellow Squash
    • Cauliflower
    • Eggplants
    • Mushrooms
    • Brussel Sprouts
    • Bell Peppers
    • Onions
    • Leeks
    • Onions
  • Most vegetables can be successfully roasted 
Directions
  • Choose or cut vegetables to similar size *about 1-2 inches
  • Make sure not to crowd them too close together
  • Season with salt, pepper, spices, and fresh herbs
  • Coat and toss vegetables with "good" olive oil
  • Spread vegetables evenly without crowding on a non-stick cookie sheet, roasting pan, or cast iron skillet
  • Preheat over to 350-400 degrees F
  • Bake for 30-45 minutes until vegetables are slightly softened and evenly browned 
My take
I've been obsessed with roasting vegetables for a long time now. This isn't my first time sharing my passion on this blog, and I'm pretty sure it won't be my last. 

Since my boyfriend eats meat and I do not, I find it too time consuming to prepare to separate main dishes. Instead of trying to created a vegetarian masterpiece, I coat a few of my favorite vegetables with olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and throw them in the oven. By the time I'm done with my meat fill concoction my vegetables are tender, juicy, and delicious. 

I will be sharing some of my favorite roasting recipes throughout the week. 

Self-Improvement Challenge 

Stop Complaining


Challenge Synopsis
  • Do your best to cut down your complaining this week
  • Identify what triggers complaining rants and try to change your negative patterns
Why Why Why 
  • Complaining is toxic
  • Constant complaining makes things seem worst then they really are
  • When you constantly complain, complaining becomes an habit
  • Complaining makes people despondent
  • Complaining favors negative people and promotes bad relationships
Materials
  • Some serious will power and self awareness
Directions
  • Ways to cut back your complaining
    • Change the way you think
    • Allow yourself to vent every once and a while
    • Practice yoga and meditation
    • Remember to be grateful
    • Work on training yourself to be less judgmental
    • Make a list of things you are grateful for and keep them where you can see them everyday
    • Be the change you want to see in the world
My Take
I was taught not to complain while growing up. My parents always taught to be grateful and appreciative of everything we have. But as I get older and older I find myself complaining a little more every day. I always feel dirty about myself after, I feel like I need to take a shower and wash away all of my negative thoughts and feelings. 

I'm taking this challenge to heart just like I'm hoping all of you do. 

That's All Today Folks!
Blessing, 
Mary







You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *