Challenge Monday

/
0 Comments
Hi Guys! 
It's Challenge Mondays
 Lets Go!!!



Fitness Challenge

I challenge you to complete my Planking Abs Workout featuring below

Challenge Synopsis
  • Complete the fitness challenge featured below **at your own risk
  • Always focus on form rather than speed
  • Complete each exercise at a slow and steady pace *NO RUSHING
  • Rest when you need it and always go before your ready
Why Why Why
  • It's HOT in California and I need to make sure my stomach stays tight and right
  • Because I'm obsessed with maintaining a flat core
  • Bikini & Speedo season is almost here, lets get ready for vacation now
Materials
  • Endurance
  • Strength
  • Will Power
  • A Never Give Up Attitude 
  • Exercise Mat
  • Stopwatch or Timer App
Directions


Planking Workout
*complete exercise routine at your own risk
* for modified versions of these exercises email me
Hold each exercise for 30 seconds
Complete Routine 4xs

Mountain Climbers 
Complete as many as you can in 30 seconds
Targets: Cardio Endurance, Core Strength, Agility
Place hands on floor, slightly wider than shoulder-width apart, in plank position
Position one leg forward bent under body and extend other leg back
While holding upper body in place alternate leg positions by pushing hips up immediately extending forward leg back
Make sure to keep spine flat and straight



Plank
Hold for 30 seconds
Targets: Cardio Endurance, Core Strength, Upper Body, and Lower Body
Place all weight on toes and elbows
Shoulders aligned positioned directly under your elbows, legs straight, weight on your toes
Make sure your back is flat
Head, neck, and spine are in a straight line
Keep abdominals engaged, do not let stomach drop or allow hips to raise



Side Plank
Hold for 30 seconds 

Targets: Obliques, Core, Endurance, Lower Back
Lie on right side, position your body in a straight line from head to feet, resting on your forearm or hand
Elbow directly under your shoulder, abdominals engaged
Place weight on right hand, lift hips, and raise left hand up to sky, palms facing forward



Reverse Plank
Hold for 30 seconds
Targets: Isolates and Strengthens Butt Muscles, Hamstrings, Core, Lower Body
Sit on floor with legs extended in front of you
Place palms on floor slightly behind and outside your hips
Press into your palms, lift hips, and torso to ceiling
Point toes up to the sky and keep arms and legs straight 
Engage core, make sure your hips don't sag


Plank Jacks 
Complete as many as you can in 30 seconds 

Targets: Cardio Endurance, Lower Body, Upper Body
Begin in plank position, shoulders over wrists, body in straight line, feet together
Like the motion of a jumping jack, jump your legs wide and then back together
Keep pelvis steady and don't allow your butt to raise towards the ceiling

My Take
I love planks! They are always challenging no matter how often I do them. I prefer workouts that are timed rather than rep based. Instead of holding each position for 60 seconds I cut the hold time down to 30 seconds, but increased amount workout is repeated from 3 to 4 times. This workout rocks! Enjoy 


Nutrition Challenge

I challenge you to replace your white sugar intake with a natural sugar substitute 



Challenge Synopsis
Use a natural sugar substitute to sweeten your coffee, tea, and savory foods

Why Why Why
  • Sugar can significantly increase your energy (calorie) intake
  • Excess sugar can increase your risk to become overweight and obesity
  • Sugar substitutes are a good option for sweetening foods with less calories
  • Sugar substitutes is a food additive that duplicates the effect of sugar in taste
  • Some sugar substitutes are natural and some are synthetic
Materials
  • Find out which sugar substitute your enjoy the most
    •  Top 3 sugar substitutes
      • Agave Nectar - Usually always organic and raw, has a relativity low Glycemic Index (GI) compared to other sweeteners
      • Stevia - A herb that is native to South America, is 300xs sweeteners than sugar
      • Xylitol - Sweeteners found in chew gum, xylitol is a 5 carbon sugar, other sugars usually have 6 carbon molecules
Directions
  • Purchase your favorite substitute
  • Replace your white sugar intake for the next 7 days
  • Change your coffee, tea, cereal, oatmeal, and cooking sugar sweeteners
My Take
I started replacing my white sugar intake a few years ago. My favorite is agave nectar, it sweeter than sugar with no weird after taste, like most substitutes have. Most nights my boyfriend and I enjoy a nice cup of tea before bed. We use agave nectar and I feel a lot less guilty about how sweet I enjoy my tea. Find out what your favorite sugar substitute is and start living a little more guilt free. 


Self Improvement Challenge 

I challenge you to laugh, play, and be more light hearted for the next 7 days


Challenge Synopsis
I challenge you to laugh, play and joke around a little more this week

Why Why Why
  • Life can be boring and tedious sometimes
  • Adding pleasurable, exciting, and enjoyable activities to your life makes you feel more accomplished and loved
  • The more you laugh the better you feel
  • Laughter is good for the soul
  • Laughter is an antidote to all your hard work
Materials
Directions
  • Try to replace the frustration in your life with laughter
  • When you get frazzled or mad look at your joke app or try to make light of the situation
  • Play and joke around more with your family
  • It's easy to bring stress home with you and it can effect the way you deal with or treat your family. Do your best to keep it light hearted and funny after a long hard day at work or school
My Take 
I grew up with a Father that laughed and joked around pretty much everyday all day. Even when I was in trouble he would disciple me and then 5 minutes later we would be laughing and playing. He didn't allow us to stay mad long. This mad to happy cycle taught me 2 things.
  1. Always keep everything light hearted and fun
  2. Never stay mad for long
Growing up this way changed the way I attack problems and deal with adversity. It always makes me a joy to be around. I hope this challenge inspires you to add a little more laughter and joy into your life. 

That's all today friends
Blessings, 
Mary 

References:










You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *