Clean diet for a clean summer

/
0 Comments

Hello Friends!

Spring/Summer has been rearing its searing head in Northern California this past week and I'm enjoying every minute of it. My body clock has yet to adjust to the new time change, but I adore the longer days and shorter nights. 

With all this sun beaming down upon us I tend to want to wear less and less. This is what I live for, what I look forward to 6 months out of the year. Heat! I love hot weather. 

Living in California has many benefits, one of the top ones ,being we don't have to fight with humidity like the southern and some eastern states do. 

California emits a dry heat that seems bearable at first but will having you running for the air conditioner in no time.

This is when I shine, where all my hard work pays off, where I get to show off my tones legs, flat stomach, and ripped arms. It's time to get summer fit. 

I'm revving up my workout by adding more lifting, doubling the amount and variation of cardio on a weekly/daily bases and by completing my own weekly fitness challenges. This weeks butt lift challenge hurts!!! I love it, but man does my booty burn during the donkey kicks, side kicks, and back kicks. I can feel my core tightening up while completing each dreaded set.  

Around this time of year I also get a lot more health conscious. Without those winter layers to keep you warm it's nearly impossible to camouflage the rolls that love to gang up on my back. 

To enhance my new workout schedule I'm going on a clean diet. 

What's a clean diet and why am I using the  word 'diet' on this site when I only promote life changes??? I'm so happy you asked....

Clean diet facts... 
What is it... 
And how can I get me some?


What is a "Clean" diet 
A clean diet is eating nutrient-rich, low-fat meals

or 

Eating whole or non-processed foods

Why Clean up your diet?
If you dedicate yourself to the clean eating diet/lifestyle and you can loose up to 3 pounds a week

Improve the brightness and alertness in your eyes

Teeth and gums will be healthier

Skin will glow and you won't be as hungry as usual

Clean diets can improve your metabolism 





Does eating clean mean starving myself?
Nope, not at all

Eating clean requires you to eat often, 6 to six times a day, 3 meals and 2-3 snacks

Clean diets are based off of complexed carbohydrates, the "good carbs" most complexed carbohydrates are full of fiber and dietary fibers, that make you feel fuller longer

Basic normal recommended plate servings including a lean protein, plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables, and complex carbohydrates with every meal


Clean Foods
Fruit
Grapefruit, apples, prunes, apricots, pears, plums, strawberry, orange, yams, potatoes, soy beans (tofu) 

Vegetable
Spinach, turnip greens, lettuce, watercress, zucchini, asparagus, artichokes, okra, cabbage, celery, cucumbers, dill pickles, radishes, broccoli, brussels sprouts, eggplant, onions, tomatoes, cauliflower,  potatoes, okra, zucchini, carrots

Grains & Beans
Barley, buckwheat, whole wheat bread, oat brain bread, oatmeal(stee cut oats), oat bran, muesli, multigrain bread, Wild rice, brown rice
pinto beans, navy beans, spelt bread, lentils, chickpeas, kidney beans, split peas

Dairy
Almond milk, rice milk, plain yogurt 
  
 
 How to clean up your diet
Eating foods like lean protein complex carbs "good-carbs", fresh fruits, and vegetables
 Eat 5-6 meals a day

eat breakfast everyday within an hour after getting up

Eat lean protein and complex carbohydrates at every meal

Have 2-3 servings of healthy fats everyday

Get fiber, vitamins, nutrients, and enzymes from fresh fruit and vegetables

Control your portions

Drink 2-3 liters of water (about 13-8oz cups) everyday




Foods to Avoid
Over processed foods, especially white flour and sugar

Artificial sweeteners

Sugary beverages like soda and juices

Alcohol

Foods with preservatives

Foods with chemical additives like food dyes and sodium nitrite

Saturated fats and trans fat

Anti Food - calorie dense food with no nutritional value

   
 I hope you enjoyed reading about my new 'diet'

Have a great day friends!
Blessings
Mary



references: 



You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *